Fantasy Baseball ethics pt 2 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Fantasy Baseball ethics pt 2

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby kentx12 » Sat Jan 08, 2005 12:20 am

Transmogrifier wrote:To change rules after a league is established requires unanimity, in my opinion.

I agree if everyone dosent agree the rules shouldnt be changed.
kentx12
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Secret Avatar » Sat Jan 08, 2005 4:08 pm

Something seems fishy to me. That's a pretty big rule change, IMO. Certainly had such a rule (that you have to keep any players involved in off-season trades) been in effect in my league, the off-season would have been COMPLETELY different. We've been wheeling and dealing, and spinning off trades and draft picks like crazy -- hell, it's been worse than the Yanks-DBs-LA negotiations. ;-) That's just part of the fun of fantasy.

The original rule (have to keep trades) seems foolish to me and should be changed, but doing so in mid-stream strikes me as suspect.

We just had our fantasy winter meeting last night. We adopted some major rule changes by consensus, but EVERY rule change was prospective (i.e., would take effect next season). We would never change a rule on the fly unless the vote was unanimous.
I am the Master. Don't question the Master. Just do what he says and be proud.
Secret Avatar
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers