Jimmy Rollins? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Jimmy Rollins?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Jimmy Rollins?

Postby Bloody Nipples » Thu Jan 06, 2005 5:05 pm

I dont know what to think about this guy. He was picked in the second round or something outrageous in some "expert" draft, if I remember correctly, but it seems he had a career year last year. Career averages have him at a .269 BA, 11 HR, 95 R, 63 RBI, and 30 SB. But Shandler's Forcaster has him at .299, 16, 100, 72, 36. Is Mr. Shandler crazy? Or could he be on to something here.... :-?

By my rankings, Shandler's projections put him in the top 20 hitters (taking into account pos scarcity), in front of MCabrera, DOrtiz, and AHuff.

What say you?
aka enderwiggin
Bloody Nipples
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby yanksareback2 » Thu Jan 06, 2005 5:12 pm

The guy just turned 26 years old. He should start to continue to post numbers like he did last year. He has the talent and now he has been in the league long enough to make his adjustments. These will be his best years
yanksareback2
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Dans » Thu Jan 06, 2005 5:18 pm

I think hitting at the top of that order in that ballpark he can definitely score 100 runs. This guy has always had the potential to be a very good leadoff hitter and finally showed it last year (still only 26 years old).

I think there's a good chance he hits that projection, but on the other hand, too risky for a second round pick.
Dans
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 1)

Postby raiders_umpire » Thu Jan 06, 2005 5:32 pm

with his age, ballpark, and hitter behind him he still has room to grow...but there is no way i take him in the 2nd round in any draft...... he is still somewhere around 5-8 best SS on most alls drafts lists that i have seen so far.......if u take him in the 2nd round u are definitely taking a heck of a chance on someone that should be there for you around round 7 or so......
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby rlee » Thu Jan 06, 2005 5:37 pm

He cam on so strong in the 2nd half of last year, I think everyone feels that he has finally matured.

A 2nd round selection, no way. But I rank him as the #7 SS, just behind Renteria and Furcal, and I'm not sure he won't outproduce them.
rlee
rlee
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby acsguitar » Thu Jan 06, 2005 5:38 pm

I think Dredlocks might give you magical hitting powers...Does he still have dredlocks?
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Ballwreckers » Thu Jan 06, 2005 5:45 pm

What kind of Manager is Charlie Manuel? Do you think he will give Rollins and Abreu the green light to run? With the addition of loften this team is built for both power and speed and would be a waste not to use it. I am think Rollins will be a good pick up between rounds 7-9. He should be a solid pick and may even improve from last year.
Ballwreckers
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Bloody Nipples » Thu Jan 06, 2005 6:04 pm

I never said I would take him in the second round. I only said that my ranking system has him in the top 20 hitters if he matches Shandler's projections and position scarcity is taken into account. I would taken maybe in the 7th round, or where all of you have mentioned. I'm glad people think he may do well.
aka enderwiggin
Bloody Nipples
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Dans » Thu Jan 06, 2005 6:15 pm

Then to answer your question - yes, I think he can match those projections. But if you wait until the 7th round I would imagine he'll be gone.
Dans
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 1)

Postby J35J » Thu Jan 06, 2005 6:53 pm

I've got him 7th in my SS rankings

avg, hr, rbi, runs, sb

J. Rollins 0.28 13 68 110 30

these predictions are actually a decline on last year but still very good!

Jason
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 363)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers