Was Mora's 04 season really a fluke? His 03 was what i thought was a fluke, but his 04, which improved, was fairly close to his 03. So was 04 really a fluke, when it reflected his 03?
03 avg 317
04 avg 340
03 ops 905
04 ops 973
03 rc/27 6.87
04 rc/27 7.54
Both seasons were way off the norm from Mora's past. Mora has improved, although he's been very lucky with his hit % at 36% and 37%.
The thing that will hurt Pavano is in Montreal, his hr/9 was at 1.1. But because Pro Player is a pitcher's paradise, his hr/9 shrunk to 0.7. He no longer has that luxury.
I'm surprised so many doubt Beltre. Here's why he wasn't a fluke.
1. Finally healthy, with his weight back up to 230.
2. Took the ball to rf for the 1st time.
3. Eye rate at .61 after 3 straight years under .40.
4. Did this at 26, now at 27 he's at his prime.
5. His 2nd half was a monster,
Smells Like Teen Spirit