Flukes... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Flukes...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby HOOTIE » Sun Jan 09, 2005 6:00 am

Was Mora's 04 season really a fluke? His 03 was what i thought was a fluke, but his 04, which improved, was fairly close to his 03. So was 04 really a fluke, when it reflected his 03?

03 avg 317
04 avg 340

03 ops 905
04 ops 973

03 rc/27 6.87
04 rc/27 7.54

Both seasons were way off the norm from Mora's past. Mora has improved, although he's been very lucky with his hit % at 36% and 37%.

The thing that will hurt Pavano is in Montreal, his hr/9 was at 1.1. But because Pro Player is a pitcher's paradise, his hr/9 shrunk to 0.7. He no longer has that luxury.

I'm surprised so many doubt Beltre. Here's why he wasn't a fluke.
1. Finally healthy, with his weight back up to 230.
2. Took the ball to rf for the 1st time.
3. Eye rate at .61 after 3 straight years under .40.
4. Did this at 26, now at 27 he's at his prime.
5. His 2nd half was a monster,

Ops 943/1.065
hrs 19/29
rbis 52/69
rc/27 6.62/8.69
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 297)
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby shortsavage » Sun Jan 09, 2005 6:11 am

Hopefully, this will mean extra coming from a Giants fan. Pedro Feliz got his share of the fantasy spotlight once he gained shortstop eligibility last season, and some people still think he is a top prospect.

Watching just about every single Giants game, I can tell you that Feliz is by no means a keeper. He will be adiquate at best. It seemed like half his production came in Coors, although that is 2:00AM math.

Do not anchor any of your starting positions with Pedro Feliz next season unless you are in an NL-only league.
Mike Pelfrey > Matt Garza
shortsavage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterWeb Supporter

Postby acapulco » Sun Jan 09, 2005 10:21 am

I don't think Johnny Damon's season was a fluke. He's had yrs like that before (except for the 1 bad year in Oakland). He's finally learned patience and his OBP has been increasing each year. He leads off for a powerful lineup.
acapulco
College Coach
College Coach

Postby looptid » Sun Jan 09, 2005 10:23 am

JDD wrote:DH- Who had the career year, Ortiz or Hafner?

Hafner: A career year at 27 years of age in only his third major league season? He had only amassed 394 plate apperances prior to 2004. I'm a bit more optomistic about his future.
looptid
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Jer19G » Sun Jan 09, 2005 10:38 am

acapulco wrote:I don't think Johnny Damon's season was a fluke. He's had yrs like that before (except for the 1 bad year in Oakland). He's finally learned patience and his OBP has been increasing each year. He leads off for a powerful lineup.

It seems like every year there are some people who think Damon will suck, and it never happens. I don't know if he can put up those same power numbers again next year, though it is possible. Even if his HR numbers fall, he is still a decent option at OF. A lock at 100+ Runs is good in my book.
Demon Days
Jer19G
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby baseballboy » Sun Jan 09, 2005 10:48 am

acsguitar wrote:Red Sox Winning Yankees Losing...and you can argue it was a fluke considering Bostons stupid 3 foot right field ground rule double fence....

if that didn't bounce over Yankees go to the series!!

FLUKE!

another sour grapes Yankee fan - oh BYW, when was your last WS win . . .5 years ago? accept it pal - your Yanks were the BIGGEST choke in sports history in '04 and continue to be an overpaid bunch of babies - live with it bro, the Yankees winning another WS drought is 5 and running . . .
baseballboy
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 3)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers