Beltran Offers In! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Beltran Offers In!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Amazinz » Wed Jan 05, 2005 5:51 pm

Rirruto wrote:This is really insane, how are you taking it?

I'm skeptical. I'll believe it during the press conference and when Michael Kay is trying to spin it into "how this was a horrible move". :-D
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Amazinz » Wed Jan 05, 2005 5:56 pm

RynMan wrote:How have the Astros not invested anything in him? They have let Kent and Miller walk out the door so that they can try and save every penny to sign this guy.

The Astros knew it was a gamble when they got into this situation. They figured they would make him feel welcomed and then hopefully he'd give them a hometown discount. It's nothing against the Astros. If they resign Beltran then great for them but I can't feel sorry for them the way I do K.C. You're right K.C. never really tried to sign Beltran and they are the ones who traded him away but we all know that's because they can't afford to pay Beltran $17M/Year or whatever he ends up getting. :-)
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Secret Avatar » Wed Jan 05, 2005 6:08 pm

The Astros don't have the bucks that the Mets have. The offer they made for Beltran was a TON of money for them. There's only so far they can go and not break the bank.
I am the Master. Don't question the Master. Just do what he says and be proud.
Secret Avatar
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby StlSluggers » Wed Jan 05, 2005 6:35 pm

RynMan wrote:And yeah they didn't offer him the largest sum of money, but I guess it would be too refreshing to think that a player could take a lesser some of money to play in an environment that he will be comfortable in

*cough* Renteria *cough*

:-D
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby Viper8437 » Wed Jan 05, 2005 7:07 pm

This is Beltran for those of you who don't know
reyes is my homeboy
Viper8437
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby StlSluggers » Wed Jan 05, 2005 7:10 pm

If you really want to show a pic that "summarizes" Beltran, you should have posted the pic of him in the NLCS hitting that home run of Tavares from about .000000000000001 inches above the ground.
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby RynMan » Wed Jan 05, 2005 7:50 pm

StlSluggers wrote:
RynMan wrote:And yeah they didn't offer him the largest sum of money, but I guess it would be too refreshing to think that a player could take a lesser some of money to play in an environment that he will be comfortable in

*cough* Renteria *cough*

dont get me started on Renteria!!! you know what made me mad about that guy was that at his press conference he said that he wanted to goto a winning team, and one that had a rich history. Not sure but i think the cards are over 100 years old? and not sure but i thought the cards won the most games in 2004? what a joke. why couldnt he just have said it was the money? Boston overpayed.
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Viper8437 » Wed Jan 05, 2005 8:05 pm

StlSluggers wrote:If you really want to show a pic that "summarizes" Beltran, you should have posted the pic of him in the NLCS hitting that home run of Tavares from about .000000000000001 inches above the ground.

not summarize beltran
jsut showing a picture of him for those who dont know what he looks like
i thought a picture might help people understand who he is and what hes all about
it gives them a better understanding of the impact of this possible signing
i will be doing this more often if i have the time
reyes is my homeboy
Viper8437
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby DK » Wed Jan 05, 2005 11:31 pm

RynMan wrote:
StlSluggers wrote:

*cough* Renteria *cough*

dont get me started on Renteria!!! you know what made me mad about that guy was that at his press conference he said that he wanted to goto a winning team, and one that had a rich history. Not sure but i think the cards are over 100 years old? and not sure but i thought the cards won the most games in 2004? what a joke. why couldnt he just have said it was the money? Boston overpayed.

Boston is older, with a richer history than St. Louis. Plus they just dominated the Cards in four games (IE the winning team). It's more than just the money.
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby RynMan » Wed Jan 05, 2005 11:36 pm

Boston is older, with a richer history than St. Louis. It's more than just the money.

I really doubt that. He is not worth 11 million a season, which is why he took the offer.[/quote]
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers