Matt Morris on roids? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Matt Morris on roids?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby West » Tue Jan 04, 2005 6:43 pm

haha yes very funny. anyways, i don't really see steroids helping a pitcher overly much, unless it's for an offseason training regimen to prevent injury. but for actual arm strength, do steroids actually help a pitcher gain velocity?
West
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 92)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby RugbyD » Tue Jan 04, 2005 6:43 pm

jonnyblack wrote:
RugbyD wrote:My info comes from the mouth of an ex-teammate, but I will not go further than that.

This is funny.

I heard that 98% of Americans are favorable to the idea of Puppies and Rainbows, and that comes from a former member of the Puppy and Rainbow community, but that's as far as I'll go. I heard that Piazza and um, let's see, ok, Ty Wiggington were lovers. My buddy's best friend's sister's, step cousin sells beer at Shea, but that's as far as I'll go.

Hilarious? yes. Misguided in this particular instance? yes, but still funny. And no all this razzing is not going to make me break confidence of source. Believe what you want, I have no reason to blurt random conjecture.

CrimeDog, pitchers don't take roids to bulk up. The likely accelerator/decelerator imbalance is very bad and leads to torn labrums. Apparently it can contribute to velocity, but I haven't seen anything 100% on that.
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby j_d_mcnugent » Tue Jan 04, 2005 6:46 pm

supposedly another benefit for a pitcher besides velocity is reducing the recovery time between starts/appearances. i have no idea though since i have never taken them nor i am a pitcher.
back from the dead
j_d_mcnugent
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby RAmst23 » Tue Jan 04, 2005 6:49 pm

yea gotta say no on this one. This guy doesn't look bulked up at all, and let's remember it's not like his fastball was his bread and butter, his curveball was what dominated.
...Boston papers now and then suffer a sharp flurry of arithmetic on this score; indeed, for Williams to have distributed all his hits so they did nobody else any good would constitute a feat of placement unparalleled in the annals of selfishness. -Updike
RAmst23
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby jonnyblack » Tue Jan 04, 2005 6:52 pm

Misguided????? Even funnier!!!! Are you saying you don't like Puppies and Rainbows? Cause if you don't, man, you are in some serious trouble. Here is my source:

From Yahooligan's

Hello, my name is Chelsea and I like Puppies and Rainbows.

See, man, at least I can substantiate my source, and therefore you should all beleive me. BELEIVE ME!!!!!!!

Dude, even if you revealed your source, no one would beleive you. Here is a site to help you with some of your problems:

http://www.puppyrainbowhatred.com
http://www.unsubstantiatedaccusations.com
http://www.neverbeajournalist.com

I hope these help. Good Luck, or am I being Misguided? lol

Edited for typos, I'm done Flaming you, unless you would like to continue, because I think Gary Coleman and Emanuel Lewis are on roids too. Mr. Drummond and Mr. Popodopolous told me.
Last edited by jonnyblack on Tue Jan 04, 2005 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
98% of Americans have a favorable opinion of puppies and rainbows.
How do you spell "biased?"
jonnyblack
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Location: Living Room, Watchin Baseball on Mute, Ignoring Idiot Red Sox and Yankee Fans

Postby J35J » Tue Jan 04, 2005 6:55 pm

Alot of people don't understand what steroids do to people. If you take steriods it doesn't mean you get big, you still have to work out to get big. Steroids just help muscles recover quicker so you can get back at pounding the weights sooner, less recovery time. Steroids helps you recover from injury or muscle sorness etc, just because you take steroids it doesn't mean your going to be big!

Jason
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 398)

Postby LBJackal » Tue Jan 04, 2005 6:57 pm

RugbyD wrote:all this razzing is not going to make me break confidence of source. Believe what you want, I have no reason to blurt random conjecture

I'm sure you understand why nobody here believes you; can you blame us? If we don't believe actual players like Jose Canseco, why would we believe somebody we know nothing about? Without even having a source? I hope you didn't expect us to take your word for it.

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby jonnyblack » Tue Jan 04, 2005 6:58 pm

It's not a question of whether or not Morris is on Roids, it's the manner in which Rugby delivers his information. I know this because he told me.
98% of Americans have a favorable opinion of puppies and rainbows.
How do you spell "biased?"
jonnyblack
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Location: Living Room, Watchin Baseball on Mute, Ignoring Idiot Red Sox and Yankee Fans

Postby so0perspam » Tue Jan 04, 2005 6:59 pm

jonnyblack wrote:It's not a question of whether or not Morris is on Roids, it's the manner in which Rugby delivers his information. I know this because he told me.

Lmao .... :-D
ImageImage
so0perspam
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby RugbyD » Tue Jan 04, 2005 7:02 pm

jonnyblack wrote:Misguided????? Even funnier!!!! Are you saying you don't like Puppies and Rainbows?

Dude, even if you revealed your source, no one would beleive you.

Puppies are OK. Rainbows+no pot of gold=overrated.

Right, I have imaginary conversations with respectable veterans who still work in baseball all the time. Have fun drafting the bum. Unless he devlops a wicked changeup to compensate, he's done.
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers