Rank these feast/famine type SP's - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Rank these feast/famine type SP's

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby so0perspam » Tue Jan 04, 2005 5:50 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:
so0perspam wrote:2004 WHIP- 1.23
2003 WHIP- 1.33
2002 WHIP- 1.31
3-year average: 1.29



nice math - Im sure you discounted last yr becuase he only pitched 80-something Inns, right? ;-7


Okay is 1.32 better? I was just disproving your statement that he was a 1.38 WHIP pitcher....
ImageImage
so0perspam
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
Posts: 8653
Joined: 17 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Bay Area

Postby raiders_umpire » Tue Jan 04, 2005 5:56 pm

the only one of that bunch i really will be looking to grab during the draft this year is bonderman unless you are meaning livan hernandez...the rest will be FA in my league if it were up to me..... not saying that i would not pick them up if they are start off well, but i will not be looking at them to be major fantasy producers for my team this year......
Image
raiders_umpire
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 27781
Joined: 14 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: You will be missed, Robert Smeraldo.

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Tue Jan 04, 2005 5:58 pm

so0perspam wrote:Well all these pitchers are pretty bad .... and I wouldn't want any of them either, but looking at the other guys on that list, I wouldn't be dissapointed with Pettitte. :-°


Bonderman is a huge breakout candidate - check out his 2nd half #s. That "team sucks" argument is simply ridiculous - as is picking pitchers because of their W totals.

If Ws are so important, take Glavine - as he will no longer be the #1 in NY, he should get some better matchups - his ERA is solid, but his WHIP is scary as are his Ks. I say no worse than Pettitte overall.

I think Millwood is a good comeback candidate, but not someone I would take until the last couple rds.

I wont draft Pettitte.
Image
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 5694
Joined: 7 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby firecrackerfreakshow » Tue Jan 04, 2005 6:24 pm

updated to note orlando as the hernandez


the tigers are a bad team...like it or not. I like bondermans upside as well...but the tigers will limit his value
firecrackerfreakshow
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor


Posts: 59
Joined: 27 Nov 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Scott Boras Client » Tue Jan 04, 2005 6:43 pm

Bonderman (breakout possibility)
Millwood (decent peripherals, run support + opponent quality in CLE)
Glavine (better if Beltran signs, but still a no draft for me)
Pettitte (Park will kill you)
Leiter (WHIP will kill you)
Milton (Sucky flyball pitcher in HR park)
El Duque is like 52 -- and last seen injured
Scott Boras Client
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 190
Joined: 4 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby stumpak » Tue Jan 04, 2005 7:28 pm

I would not be unhappy with any of them as a cheap bottom of the roster SP, except Milton who is a real piece of crap. Bonderman I rate higher, I am ready to take a jump onto the bandwagon.
stumpak
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2729
Joined: 9 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Washington, DC

Postby RynMan » Tue Jan 04, 2005 7:55 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:
so0perspam wrote:Well all these pitchers are pretty bad .... and I wouldn't want any of them either, but looking at the other guys on that list, I wouldn't be dissapointed with Pettitte. :-°


Bonderman is a huge breakout candidate - check out his 2nd half #s. That "team sucks" argument is simply ridiculous - as is picking pitchers because of their W totals.

If Ws are so important, take Glavine - as he will no longer be the #1 in NY, he should get some better matchups - his ERA is solid, but his WHIP is scary as are his Ks. I say no worse than Pettitte overall.

I think Millwood is a good comeback candidate, but not someone I would take until the last couple rds.

I wont draft Pettitte.


I agree with you ol' cornbread! Bonderman's stats were very nice after tha ASbreak.....and that team is not the hideous creature it used to be.
Image
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 8891
Joined: 4 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Oztailia

Postby so0perspam » Tue Jan 04, 2005 8:17 pm

No doubt, I'm expecting a big year from Bondy as well .... That's why I dealt Pavano to upgrade one of my other keepers in my money league so I could keep him. ;-D
ImageImage
so0perspam
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
Posts: 8653
Joined: 17 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Bay Area

Postby stevethumb » Wed Jan 05, 2005 12:50 pm

i am a NL guy but i would lean to bonderman then millwood..if forced i would put pettitte 3rd..glavine does nothing for me
stevethumb
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicEagle Eye
Posts: 4041
Joined: 2 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: cloud 9

Postby mtarail » Wed Jan 05, 2005 3:55 pm

Well, out of all the people on that list the only one I'd draft in roto is Millwood, towards the end of the draft. (Why? Because in terms of upside he can help you across the board if he's healthy and pitching well..)

In h2h I'd take a chance on Leiter, Bonderman or Glavine at the end of the draft.

Pettitte won't be available at the end of the draft, so I'm gonna stay out of that argument. :-D
Bluto: Over? Did you say over? NOTHING is over until WE decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? HELL, NO!
Otter: Germans?
Boon: Forget it, he's rolling.
mtarail
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2433
Joined: 27 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: on the 3B line stands at TEP

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Saturday, Aug. 2
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

NY Yankees at Boston
(4:05 pm)
Kansas City at Oakland
(4:05 pm)
Seattle at Baltimore
(7:05 pm)
Texas at Cleveland
(7:05 pm)
Philadelphia at Washington
(7:05 pm)
Colorado at Detroit
(7:08 pm)
LA Angels at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
San Francisco at NY Mets
(7:10 pm)
Cincinnati at Miami
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Toronto at Houston
(7:10 pm)
Minnesota at Chi White Sox
(7:10 pm)
Milwaukee at St. Louis
(7:15 pm)
Pittsburgh at Arizona
(8:10 pm)
Atlanta at San Diego
(8:40 pm)
Chi Cubs at LA Dodgers
(9:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact