MOCK DRAFT RESULTS: Critique - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

MOCK DRAFT RESULTS: Critique

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Ajax » Tue Jan 04, 2005 2:32 pm

Food for thought.....

A 13th team could have been added to the this draft after the fourth round had passed. If the 13th team were allowed to make four "make up" picks, it could have:

1. Prior
2. Teixeira
3. Young
4. Oswalt.

Not too shabby for a team that missed the first four rounds of the draft......better than most that attended, I'd bet.
Ajax
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Sunspot » Tue Jan 04, 2005 10:34 pm

WOW! I wish I had as many bone heads in my draft as that one.:

Rd. 2 Ichiro
Rd. 2 Crawford
Rd. 2 Renteria
Rd. 2 B. Boone
Rd. 3 C. Lee
Rd. 3 Pierre
Rd. 3 Podsednik
Rd. 4 O. Cabrera
Rd. 5 Reyes
Rd. 6 Winn
Rd. 7 Nixon
Rd. 8 Sanders
Rd. 9 Mueller
Rd. 10 Figgins
Rd. 10 D. Young
Sunspot
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby SilentReader » Wed Jan 05, 2005 1:53 am

guys,it's just a mock draft and it's only january 5th for crying out loud...relax!

and what's wrong with ichiro or crawford in round 2,lee in round 3 or helton with the 12th pick? i could go on and on.a lot of the gripes in here are so petty it's funny.

i understand the thread was made to critique,but it's almost like you guys are just like;
"i can't believe you picked freddy garcia with the 5th pick in the 15th round.that's a whopping 2 picks before i would have taken him and where my favorite fantasy site that is always right said to take him! you are obviously an idiot because of this!" ;-)
i don't post much,but i'm always lurking...

best fantasy games site = SandboxPlus.com!!
SilentReader
College Coach
College Coach

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby bleach168 » Wed Jan 05, 2005 7:48 am

Cornbread is also right about punting any category, but only in competive leagues. In non-competitive leagues you probably could punt a couple cats and still win if you are competent.

Actually, I believe the reverse to be true. In a non-competitive league, you are assuming ALL the other owners are awful which is not usually the case. Usually, there are one or two other decent owners in the league with 10 really awful players who either trade away all their talent or are simply dead. It would not be hard for any decent player to place second in every category and finish first in the category you punted, thus giving them enough points to beat you.

The more competitive the league, the more points the teams lower in the standings will steal from the top teams, thus making 91 points a serious contender for the title. In non-competitive leagues, you typically need 105-110 points to win.
Last edited by bleach168 on Wed Jan 05, 2005 7:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
"And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere. But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear." - The Rains of Castamere
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 16)

Postby bleach168 » Wed Jan 05, 2005 7:49 am

Double post. Sorry.
"And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere. But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear." - The Rains of Castamere
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 16)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers