Just me, or is it happening earlier to the Cafe this year... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Just me, or is it happening earlier to the Cafe this year...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Just me, or is it happening earlier to the Cafe this year...

Postby Sticky Spice » Tue Jan 04, 2005 5:58 am

Already one day's topics won't fit on one page. And it's the first days of January!

I brought this up last year and it was pretty well established that adding new forums doesn't help much. But if the Cafe keeps growing at this rate, won't it be a foregone conclusion that more forums be made? In high-traffic season you might have to sift through three or four pages just to see one day's topics!

Usually offseason is my prime time because off all the draft prep. But more specifically, my prime time at the Cafe is when attendance is down so that topics that truly deserve attention don't get trampled in mere hours. I don't know why exactly, but when that happens I just avoid coming here altogether. I guess I feel like if I can't see the day's topics in a reasonable amount of time then I'd rather not see them at all. Adding forums would help me personally sift through everything, but like I said - it's been proven in the past that everyone just congregates in the same forum.

Don't ask me why I'm not satisfied with just sorting through SOME of the day's topics. Guess I'm weird :-B

By the way, kudos to the Cafe on the "Game Commenting, Cheering & Venting" forum. I hope it's here to stay. ;-D ;-D ;-D
Sticky Spice
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 40)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby trevisc » Tue Jan 04, 2005 6:09 am

it's funny because during the season the Trade, Keepers forum is bustling with activity and is the most popular forum and in the offseason this forum is. Just take it in small chunks and don't try to read too much in one day. You're probably getting information overload
trevisc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
Location: Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2004,2005 Keeper League Champion

Postby wkelly91 » Tue Jan 04, 2005 9:58 am

I pick and choose what I read, and overall I think that the good topics do get pretty good commentary. If it is something relevant to many it will stay on top. There are times when I would like to see a topic get more but with so many people in here sometimes they get lost.

I also post in a political forum and it is very frustrating there because everyone is trying to out-do each other with thread-starting, most only get 2-5 answers before they dissapear.

Oh well, what are you going to do :-? You want as many people as possible to have a variety of experiences and opinions!
wkelly91
General Manager
General Manager

Re: Just me, or is it happening earlier to the Cafe this year...

Postby Madison » Tue Jan 04, 2005 1:16 pm

Sticky Spice wrote:By the way, kudos to the Cafe on the "Game Commenting, Cheering & Venting" forum. I hope it's here to stay. ;-D ;-D ;-D

Yes, it's here to stay. ;-D

As to adding even more forums, ones that are needed and will be put to use, will be added.

Think we're busy now? Just wait another month or two :-D . There will be a fairly large boom of new people very soon. Maybe just checking the threads that run multiple pages would be the way to go for you?
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Mookie4ever » Tue Jan 04, 2005 1:37 pm

I agree with you.

If some members (**cough** yankee fans **cough cough** red sox fans) would look at how the classy Cardinal fans use their team forum, I'm sure a lot of the clutter would be taken care of.

Anyways, it will all work out, it always does.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 280)

Postby JDD » Tue Jan 04, 2005 2:16 pm

Football is done, Ice Hockey never was, Basketball does not have the following it once had, and it is very warm outside here, so it must be time for Baseball (talk).
--JDD
JDD
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Baseball Leftovers