Jim Rome - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Jim Rome

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby FatGuyWithAMullet » Tue Jan 04, 2005 12:32 am

I've only seen Rome is Burning a few times and I've never heard any of his radio crap, but I used to like The Last Word and Talk2 quite a bit.
FatGuyWithAMullet
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Lofunzo » Tue Jan 04, 2005 3:08 am

I used to enjoy his work a little but he has sucked ever since that whole Chris Evert incident. :-b
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby Pogotheostrich » Tue Jan 04, 2005 9:17 am

It's funny but I feel the same way about him as I do about Dan Patrick and they have such different styles. Either one is fine when they are doing an interview and both guys are such big names that they actually have quality people come in to be interviewed. But without a guest they aren't worth listening to.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 337)

Postby acsguitar » Tue Jan 04, 2005 11:23 am

Pogotheostrich wrote:It's funny but I feel the same way about him as I do about Dan Patrick and they have such different styles. Either one is fine when they are doing an interview and both guys are such big names that they actually have quality people come in to be interviewed. But without a guest they aren't worth listening to.

I disagree I like Dan Patrick on his own...

although when the playmaker Michael Irvin comes on the show is twice as good
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby BigMusky » Tue Jan 04, 2005 4:01 pm

LBJackal wrote:Can't stand him. He's the typical loud and obnoxious American, who doesn't get by on what he says, but how he says it. I can't stand that kind of stuff. Glamour, flash, no substance. Yuck. I'm glad I rarely have to see him on TV.

are you forgetting about your French-Canadian brotherhood, eh? They make even Jim Rome seems like a distinguished humbled gentleman.

Did anyone watch Rome before ESPN? He was twice the jackass then.
BigMusky
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Tue Jan 04, 2005 4:56 pm

acsguitar wrote:I used to like him cause I thought It was funny how he belittled everyone...but it got old

I agree. The novelty soon wore off for me. :-P
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby ironman » Wed Jan 05, 2005 3:34 pm

I don't mind Rome sometimes. Jim Rome is Burning I saw once and thought it kind of sucked. His rants are just rehashes from crap he said during the week on his radio show. Some days I'll listen and enjoy it, while other days he goes off on some tangent and becomes irritating to me. It all depends. When Skip Bayless fills in, I immediately turn it off. I like it better when Rich Eisen is his sub.

Dan Patrick is great IMO. He has some great interviews. Reggie Miller is always fun to listen to, as is Michael Irvin. Anyone who caught the Tonya Harding interview got a real treat. Every now and then they play a sound bite of her handing off the phone to her bodyguard because she became too upset during the interview. Plus I enjoy Rob (or Ron) Dibble and Phil the Showkiller. My favorite radio show was Kornheiser. I really wish he was still on. I still refuse to listen to that smarmy Colin Cowherd. Now there's a radio show I don't like.
Wendigo's Camaro
ironman
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 94)

Previous

Return to General Talk