Adrian Beltre - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Adrian Beltre

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby LCBOY » Mon Jan 03, 2005 12:07 am

I wish Alba's show "Dark Angel" wasn't cancelled. The first season was pretty solid but season 2 went down the tubes fast. Also, she was dating her co-star which made me feel good because the guy was born the same year I was (1968)! Some guy my age dating a young hottie like Jessica! Woohoo!!
LCBOY
General Manager
General Manager


Posts: 2838
Joined: 10 Jun 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: On third base trying to steal home.

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Mon Jan 03, 2005 12:34 am

ok - now back to baseball and Beltre.

The guys who have commented so far are very negative on Beltre. For an opposing view...

He is an end of the 1st, beginning of the 2nd rd draft pick. Regardless of what youve heard, that is where he is going to go in the majority of drafts. He led the majors in HRs. Hes 25. Hes been injured with fluke ailments and had to learn how to hit at the MLB level before he was entirely ready, so his progression was slowed. It was not a mistake or career yr. This is the real Beltre. This yr he will be hitting behind Ichiro and Brett Boone with Sexson behind him. He's easily the 2nd best 3B behind Arod.

There are those who think he was a fluke.
There are those who think he's the next.
Image
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 5694
Joined: 7 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby TheYanks04 » Mon Jan 03, 2005 12:34 am

Call me ignorant but I now finally realize who you all are talking about. She may be hot, but I saw her on the Tonight show or Letterman awhile back...dumb as a brick. Now that could be a good thing or a bad thing depending on your viewpoint.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero


Posts: 9531
Joined: 12 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby so0perspam » Mon Jan 03, 2005 12:37 am

TheYanks04 wrote:Call me ignorant but I now finally realize who you all are talking about. She may be hot, but I saw her on the Tonight show or Letterman awhile back...dumb as a brick. Now that could be a good thing or a bad thing depending on your viewpoint.


I bet she's smarter than some people here at the Cafe though. ;-)
ImageImage
so0perspam
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
Posts: 8653
Joined: 17 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Bay Area

Postby TheYanks04 » Mon Jan 03, 2005 12:38 am

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:ok - now back to baseball and Beltre.

The guys who have commented so far are very negative on Beltre. For an opposing view...

He is an end of the 1st, beginning of the 2nd rd draft pick. Regardless of what youve heard, that is where he is going to go in the majority of drafts. He led the majors in HRs. Hes 25. Hes been injured with fluke ailments and had to learn how to hit at the MLB level before he was entirely ready, so his progression was slowed. It was not a mistake or career yr. This is the real Beltre. This yr he will be hitting behind Ichiro and Brett Boone with Sexson behind him. He's easily the 2nd best 3B behind Arod.

There are those who think he was a fluke.
There are those who think he's the next.




I have no solid opinion on which way he goes, I just do not trust the guy.

He may be a fluke.
He may be the next Pujols.
He may be the next roid induced career year like Javy Lopez and others.

Enough of a concern to make me back off and pick another great player.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero


Posts: 9531
Joined: 12 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby so0perspam » Mon Jan 03, 2005 12:39 am

TheYanks04 wrote:I have no solid opinion on which way he goes, I just do not trust the guy.

He may be a fluke.
He may be the next Pujols.
He may be the next roid induced career year like Javy Lopez and others.

Enough of a concern to make me back off and pick another great player.


Amen to that .... exactly how I feel. ;-D
ImageImage
so0perspam
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
Posts: 8653
Joined: 17 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Bay Area

Postby TheYanks04 » Mon Jan 03, 2005 12:39 am

so0perspam wrote:
TheYanks04 wrote:Call me ignorant but I now finally realize who you all are talking about. She may be hot, but I saw her on the Tonight show or Letterman awhile back...dumb as a brick. Now that could be a good thing or a bad thing depending on your viewpoint.


I bet she's smarter than some people here at the Cafe though. ;-)


That is no bet. That is a sure thing.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero


Posts: 9531
Joined: 12 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Secret Avatar » Mon Jan 03, 2005 12:50 am

Beltre hit 344 with 48 HR in an infamous pitcher's park. At age 25. How many players have EVER hit 48 HR with that BA? And consider that the 48 HRs led the entire majors. Beltre may be a fluke, but if so he'll be the biggest fluke in baseball history.
I am the Master. Don't question the Master. Just do what he says and be proud.
Secret Avatar
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
Posts: 3235
Joined: 15 Nov 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby TheYanks04 » Mon Jan 03, 2005 1:00 am

Please...won't even come close to Brady Andersona and his 50 Hrs in 96 I believe.

Or Rich Aurilia learning how to hit in 2000.

Or Angel Berroa 2 years ago.

Or Estaban Loaiza 2 years ago.


Plenty of 1 year wonders around.


I have no idea what he does, but if you think he is money in the bank, then I fail to understand your confidence level.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero


Posts: 9531
Joined: 12 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby West » Mon Jan 03, 2005 1:01 am

Beltre may be a fluke, but if so he'll be the biggest fluke in baseball history.

maybe beltre will be the second biggest fluke - brady anderson i think took it with 50 homers in '96, and bust in '97...but anyway, i think beltre will go around .280 35-110 next season.
West
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1519
(Past Year: 85)
Joined: 28 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact