What is Kearns' value these days? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

What is Kearns' value these days?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

What is Kearns' value these days?

Postby rotisseriking » Thu Apr 24, 2003 10:33 am

Kearns is tearing it up right now so I was wondering what I can expect for him for a SP? I really need help there but my hitters are strong. Thanks.
rotisseriking
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Chiggidy Chester » Thu Apr 24, 2003 11:19 am

That's like asking me how hot the water is in your hot tub. Your league, your water. You need to assume he's worth anybody you want to get and then market your trade proposals that way. He's only worth what you can get for him. If no one in your league wants him then he's not worth squat in trade value. I know this all sounds obvious so what I'd do if I were you is reach for the stars and try to get a zito, oswalt or Pedro for him. See if anyone bites. You might be surprised how much people in your league think of him.

I just traded him myself for Miguel Tejada. I am a believer that Tejada will come around and I solidified my weakest offensive position while loosening up a logjam in the outfield. I felt that I would never get the trade value for Kearns at any other time this year that I will now and pulled the trigger. Fantasy baseball is all about buying low and selling high to upgrade your team one trade at a time. Kearns has trade written all over him in my mind right now. He's on pace for 70+ homers and you and I know that isn't gonna happen. Believe it or not some people believe it will and they have less than a 10% chance of being right. Let them think it and give you a monster starter in return for him.
Chiggidy Chester
College Coach
College Coach

Postby rotisseriking » Thu Apr 24, 2003 2:22 pm

Thanks. I'm in a 9-team league and currently in 4th with almost every single person behind me lacking power and each with at least one stud SP. One guy who's last in almost every hitting category has Pedro, Konerko, and Giambi. I might be able to finagle him out of one of those stars who has started cold (not Pedro though).
rotisseriking
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Baseball Leftovers