Javy Vazquez..What round - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Javy Vazquez..What round

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Javy Vazquez..What round

Postby TeamCaptain#2 » Sun Jan 02, 2005 11:43 am

I am a big believer in vazquez. After his blow up last season and all the turmoil this offseason how cheap is he going to come?
TeamCaptain#2
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

hmmm

Postby GreenMonsterGoon » Sun Jan 02, 2005 11:53 am

I'm not looking at him before round 9
D-Mat, Schilling, Beckett, and Papelbon - Wow!
GreenMonsterGoon
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby RugbyD » Sun Jan 02, 2005 11:54 am

People like yourself would say he's worth round 4 consideration, others wouldn't look until round 9. Just try to figure out who you are drafting against.
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Absolutely Adequate » Sun Jan 02, 2005 12:02 pm

It depends on where he ends up. If he stays in the BOB, round 9 is about right. If he goes to a pitchers park (especially if there's not a lot of pressure), he's a 4th rounder.
Last edited by Absolutely Adequate on Sun Jan 02, 2005 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Absolutely Adequate
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Sun Jan 02, 2005 12:16 pm

Absolutely Adequate wrote:It depends on where he ends up. If he stays in the BOB, round 9 is about right. If he goes to a pitchers park (especially if there's no t a lot of pressure), he's a 4th rounder.

I agree. If he could have ended up in LA somehow his value would have been a lot higher than if he stays in the desert. It all really depends on where he goes and the situation he will be dropped into.
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby Secret Avatar » Sun Jan 02, 2005 12:46 pm

A lot of fantasy owners still believe in Vaz so he'll probably go before the 5th round. Depending on where he ends up, he might be worth it. I'm skeptical that he can return to form. His second-half collapse last season was scary. His mechanics were off, his fastball was a dud, and his confidence cratered. It was ugly.

All this might not be bothersome if I was convinced Vaz had the discipline and inclination to get his head back on straight. But I'm skeptical. IMO, he acted like a classless primadonna and crybaby with all his whining about being traded from New York. I mean, he gets paid a ton of money to pitch in New York, but then stinks it up, and he's whining about being traded and lecturing the Yanks that "they'll be sorry" if he's gone?! Get a grip, dude.
I am the Master. Don't question the Master. Just do what he says and be proud.
Secret Avatar
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

I agree

Postby GreenMonsterGoon » Sun Jan 02, 2005 12:48 pm

For those very reasons someone else can have him if he's gone before round 9
GreenMonsterGoon
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby TheYanks04 » Sun Jan 02, 2005 2:35 pm

Secret Avatar wrote:A lot of fantasy owners still believe in Vaz so he'll probably go before the 5th round. Depending on where he ends up, he might be worth it. I'm skeptical that he can return to form. His second-half collapse last season was scary. His mechanics were off, his fastball was a dud, and his confidence cratered. It was ugly.

All this might not be bothersome if I was convinced Vaz had the discipline and inclination to get his head back on straight. But I'm skeptical. IMO, he acted like a classless primadonna and crybaby with all his whining about being traded from New York. I mean, he gets paid a ton of money to pitch in New York, but then stinks it up, and he's whining about being traded and lecturing the Yanks that "they'll be sorry" if he's gone?! Get a grip, dude.

Amen...And round 9 is still too early IMO. Would not even touch him until the mid-rounds. In the 90's overall (assuming a ten team league), there are still good, reliable players around. Vazquez is a total gamble that should go with the other gambles.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

ya

Postby GreenMonsterGoon » Sun Jan 02, 2005 2:38 pm

I was assuming 12 team 5/5
GreenMonsterGoon
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby sockeye » Sun Jan 02, 2005 3:27 pm

I expect to see him go between picks 85 and 112 in my league, based on what everyone will probably keep.
sockeye
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers