KC secondbaseman ? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

KC secondbaseman ?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

KC secondbaseman ?

Postby Surfs up » Sat Jan 01, 2005 11:08 am

Who starts at second base for the Royals? Is it Ruben Gotay or does Tony Graffanino steal the spot? I know this isn't a major second baseman question but I am looking to fill in my middle with some cheap players so I can save money for a couple of big hitters and a stud pitcher at our auction. AL only 12 team 5x5 260.00 keeper . I might be able to make a trade for either player without giving up much. Both are ony 1.00 each.
Surfs up
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 195)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby prodpaul » Sat Jan 01, 2005 11:21 am

Going into Spring Training the job is Gotay's to lose. I remember seeing that in the local paper here in KC sometime back.

Tetelestai
prodpaul
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Tavish » Sat Jan 01, 2005 11:35 am

I still think Graffanino will be the starter at second unless he moves over to third and puts Truby where he deserves to be (either the bench or with the AA club). If Teahan develops quickly it may make Gotay the odd man out in the infield.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 25)

Postby so0perspam » Sat Jan 01, 2005 5:32 pm

I've been hearing Gotay will start at 2B as well .... Graffanino is the backup behind Gotay and will also be the 2nd backup at SS behind Berroa and Blanco.
ImageImage
so0perspam
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby biglfty » Sun Jan 02, 2005 1:51 am

living in kc and following the royals...i think gotay will start and i think he would be worth a shot if your lookin for a cheap 2b. at times he shows some power. perhaps 25-30HRS for next year? i know i know, highly unlikely but he does have some pop in his bat.(a lot better gamble then graffanino, even if graf gets the starting job he will do nothing but lower your team BA)
biglfty
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Tavish » Sun Jan 02, 2005 11:20 am

biglfty wrote:living in kc and following the royals...i think gotay will start and i think he would be worth a shot if your lookin for a cheap 2b. at times he shows some power. perhaps 25-30HRS for next year? i know i know, highly unlikely but he does have some pop in his bat.(a lot better gamble then graffanino, even if graf gets the starting job he will do nothing but lower your team BA)

I don't think we were watching the same Gotay. 8-o I think it would be a pretty major stretch to expect more than 5 HR out of Gotay. Graffanino is better than Gotay in every aspect of the game right now. Once Teahan makes the jump there really isn't much reason for Gotay to even be with the big club.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 25)

Postby Surfs up » Sun Jan 02, 2005 12:17 pm

The last time I looked Gotay was hitting something like .233 in winter ball. And that was after a 3 or 4 hit game. I don't beleive there is any power to be had with him. Thing is Graffanino might end up being the super sub because he can play all over. I need a starter at second base. And he is cheap. So is Gotay but cheap isn't any good if they don't start.
Surfs up
General Manager
General Manager

Postby J35J » Mon Jan 03, 2005 5:14 pm

biglfty wrote:living in kc and following the royals...i think gotay will start and i think he would be worth a shot if your lookin for a cheap 2b. at times he shows some power. perhaps 25-30HRS for next year? i know i know, highly unlikely but he does have some pop in his bat.(a lot better gamble then graffanino, even if graf gets the starting job he will do nothing but lower your team BA)

This prediction for Gotay is silly and if do live in KC then you must have missed the several statements by Allard that Graff will start the year at 2B. Either way neither is worth a bench spot on any fantasy team.

Jason
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 369)

Postby Surfs up » Mon Jan 03, 2005 10:00 pm

Hes hitting .225 in PR winter ball. And thats after a 2 for 5 the other day.
Surfs up
General Manager
General Manager

Return to Baseball Leftovers