5x5 Rotoo Keeper...rate this team so far - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

5x5 Rotoo Keeper...rate this team so far

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

5x5 Rotoo Keeper...rate this team so far

Postby TheYanks04 » Thu Dec 30, 2004 1:08 am

5x5 Roto, 12 team, very deep benches, Kept 8. My Roster through round 3 of the draft:

C: Irod (kept)
1B: Helton (kept)
2B:
SS: Carlos Guillen (round 3/11)
3B: M. Mora (round 1/9)
OF1-3: Manny (kept), Suzuki (kept), ?
U1-2: Nevin (kept), Konerko (round 2/10)
Bench1-7:
DL1-2:

SP1-6: Pavano (kept), Moose (kept), ?, ?, ?, ?
RP1-2: Benitez(kept), ?

Opinions...2b was a disaster to start with. There was not a lot of top pitching around that was not kept.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby kentx12 » Thu Dec 30, 2004 1:15 am

Dont mean to be mean but not a good looking team imo. You need help with both offense and pitching. Mora is not a 1st round pick with any amount of keepers imo. If you can get lucky with some power and pick up some late pitching help you might be able to contend.
kentx12
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Re: 5x5 Rotoo Keeper...rate this team so far

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Thu Dec 30, 2004 1:16 am

Without knowing what was left for the redraft and what is left now, I'd say that's a decent start. Your IF is pretty solid so far and youre OF seems balanced as far as power vs speed. I'm not really high on Nevin, but if that's all that was left for your keepers that's all that was left. You definitely need to get a stud SP, maybe moving someone like Manny or Helton to land an pitcher like Oswalt, Hudson, RJ depending on the dynamics of the league and if anyone is willing to move a pitcher of that caliber.
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby TheYanks04 » Thu Dec 30, 2004 1:21 am

96 players kept...Mora was the 7th pick after that at 103. The top picks in the league in the expansion were Sosa, JD Drew, Rollins, D. Wright, Kolb and Renteria. This was hardly a tremenedous team to start with, but like at 103 you expect to come by Aramis Ramirez or Blalock?

As to deals, no one wants to deal pitching unless it is wildly in their favor. My draft of pitching in the leagues first year (last year) was an utter disaster and left me with next to nothing. Moose and Benitez were the only 2 pitchers I drafted worth squat and I got Pavano off the wire. It is what it is and there is nothing I can really do about it without selling myself short. All I can do is try to draft decent SPs and some MRs and hope to be competitive on that front.
Last edited by TheYanks04 on Thu Dec 30, 2004 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby kentx12 » Thu Dec 30, 2004 1:23 am

TheYanks04 wrote:96 players kept...Mora was the 7th pick after that at 103. The top picks in the league in the expansion were Sosa, JD Drew, Rollins, D. Wright, Kolb and Renteria. This was hardly a tremenedous team to start with, but like at 103 you expect to come by Aramis Ramirez or Blalock?

Ok I can see that..
kentx12
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby 1337_Dude » Thu Dec 30, 2004 8:20 pm

You have a solid offense, but I can't see you doing to much because of your pitching situation. I would look and see if you could put a trade through to get some kind of pitching.
1337_Dude
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team