ANOTHER Johnson rumor - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

ANOTHER Johnson rumor

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby blankman » Thu Dec 30, 2004 12:07 am

Surfs up wrote:Hey Blank. Is the girl in your header from the movie Old school? She was the bosses daughter.She is hot!!!!! What is her name?

She most certainly is :-) The Girl Next Door is the movie to see if you like her. Elisha Cuthbert is the name ;-)
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby eftda » Thu Dec 30, 2004 12:40 am

perlick29 wrote:Just my opinion, but the Twins will win the WS this year, erasing the notion that big money wins. That'll show'em.

By the way I am a Yankee fan.

I am a frim believer that Strong Pitching Wins (Includes Pen and Closer), and I dont think the Twins rotation is strong enough to beat both the Yankees and Red Sox in the playoffs.
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby KPucks » Thu Dec 30, 2004 3:30 pm

ESPN is reporting the sides have agreed to terms:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=1954122
KPucks
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby lesgrant » Thu Dec 30, 2004 3:31 pm

nsulham wrote:
lesgrant wrote:
JDD wrote:Looks like the Yanks are trying to buy another Pennant.

How did that plan work out last year?

I can't remember...

The Red Sox bought it on sale. 30% percent off.

Too bad some of RSN forget that they shop in the same store as the Yankees. They just can't afford all of the same merchandise.

Your constant bashing of the Red Sox and their fans is growing quite tiresome :-t

JDD is a Dodgers fan, if you couldn't tell by the av.

Duh! I know who JDD is.

Why are you narcissistically interjecting yourself into that excahange? Get a clue, I'm one person in a long line (of more than just Yankee fans) that feels you bought a championship. If you can't deal with it, too bad.

You bought a championship, just like the Red Sox accuse the Yankees of doing. Your 'stop bashing the Sox' mantra :~( in response to that observation is what's growing tiresome.
lesgrant
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Pogotheostrich » Thu Dec 30, 2004 3:33 pm

Javier Vazquez, Dioneer Navarro, Brad Halsey, at least one other prospect and about $8 million to the Diamondbacks for sure. The other prospect might be Eric Duncan. Plus RJ gets a 2 year extension for $16 million each year.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 353)

Postby blankman » Thu Dec 30, 2004 3:37 pm

Pogotheostrich wrote:Javier Vazquez, Dioneer Navarro, Brad Halsey, at least one other prospect and about $8 million to the Diamondbacks for sure. The other prospect might be Eric Duncan. Plus RJ gets a 2 year extension for $16 million each year.

If Halsey and Navarro are going, the other prospect sure as hell had better not be Duncan :-t
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby blankman » Thu Dec 30, 2004 3:41 pm

Pogotheostrich wrote:Javier Vazquez, Dioneer Navarro, Brad Halsey, at least one other prospect and about $8 million to the Diamondbacks for sure. The other prospect might be Eric Duncan. Plus RJ gets a 2 year extension for $16 million each year.

Halsey wasn't mentioned in the article, so I don't see where you say he's definately in it :-?
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby lesgrant » Thu Dec 30, 2004 3:46 pm

blankman wrote:

If Halsey and Navarro are going, the other prospect sure as hell had better not be Duncan :-t

For what it's worth, I read in today's Daily News that if Duncan AND Navarro are included, the cash amount would be reduced.
lesgrant
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Pogotheostrich » Thu Dec 30, 2004 3:48 pm

blankman wrote:

Halsey wasn't mentioned in the article, so I don't see where you say he's definately in it :-?
That's what the article originally said. I looks like it has been amended since then. Now it doesn't mention Duncan either.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 353)

Postby blankman » Thu Dec 30, 2004 3:48 pm

lesgrant wrote:
blankman wrote:

For what it's worth, I read in today's Daily News that if Duncan AND Navarro are included, the cash amount would be reduced.

And it said the cash would be $5M, so hopefully with this report that it's $8M, its an indication that Duncan isn't included, at least I hope :-o
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers