baseball america online subscription - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

baseball america online subscription

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

baseball america online subscription

Postby tiger spit » Wed Dec 29, 2004 3:00 am

anyway a cheap ass fool like me can get thier hands on a password or something?
any loopholes around the big-ass 55 dollor fee?

im considering forking it over. i use thier free site regularly, however 50 some out dollors is steep.
tiger spit
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Madison » Wed Dec 29, 2004 3:46 am

I'm sure that when someone subscribes, they agree not to give out their passwords. I'd be careful about that. ;-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby shortsavage » Wed Dec 29, 2004 5:10 am

I ordered the mag at my school. Being in a league that utilizes minors, it is great to read, puts SI and ESPN to shame. The online stuff is just a bonus.
Mike Pelfrey > Matt Garza
shortsavage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterWeb Supporter

Postby trevisc » Wed Dec 29, 2004 9:28 am

They do a LOT of research and work and should get paid. You obviously like the site or you wouldn't be asking for a password. Quit trying to steal from them and either pick up some side work or email the company and tell them your situation. Maybe they'd be willing to give you a discount or even a free online subscription.

If I see you asking for passwords or anything illegal again it could get you banned.

Have a nice day!

;-)
trevisc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
Location: Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2004,2005 Keeper League Champion

Postby Hitdogman » Wed Dec 29, 2004 2:52 pm

If your looking for top 10 prospect lists the cheapest way I've found is to subscibe to ESPN's insider. They post all the BA top ten lists plus other editorials from time to time. Having been a member of BA before I've found that the other premium content is pretty deep stuff about some guy in rookie ball that will never get to AAA.

For $29.95 you get a year of ESPN the magazine, the Insider which gives you the premium content on ESPN (including the BA stuff) and also a fleece pull over jacket. I just got this for a friend of mine for Xmas so that's why I know so much about it.

Nice to know that "Bye Bye Balboni" is doing well. ;-)
Hitdogman
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby riverrat » Wed Dec 29, 2004 5:41 pm

Used to have a subscription to BA until I discovered my library has BA!!! Now I keep the $50.00.
Look around. I'm lucky that I live in the Chi-town area with plenty of libraries in the surrounding villages.
riverrat
College Coach
College Coach

Postby tiger spit » Thu Dec 30, 2004 12:33 am

trevisc wrote:They do a LOT of research and work and should get paid. You obviously like the site or you wouldn't be asking for a password. Quit trying to steal from them and either pick up some side work or email the company and tell them your situation. Maybe they'd be willing to give you a discount or even a free online subscription.

If I see you asking for passwords or anything illegal again it could get you banned.

Have a nice day!

;-)

wow lighten up..
i've been a member here for while and never had an issue here and never will. i also refer tons and tons of people to this site as the moderators and members are for the most part, very helpful and down to earth.
my post was 99% joke. the other 1% was pure hope one would fall in my lap..
as i said i always use baseballamerica.com . i also buy the mag for 4.25 a pop when i can... so yes i contribute to them.. plus im not really worried about thier salaries. organizations im sure have alot to do with thier livleyhoods.. since the organizations make up each team's rankings anyway.. politics, my man. politics...

Have a nice day!
tiger spit
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Registered_Guest » Thu Dec 30, 2004 4:37 am

I wouldn't pay the $$ for it (I know it's quite pricey -- I actually thought it was more along the lines of $100 -- perhaps I'm thinking of a premium/gold subscription there. There are plenty of minor league sites for free on the net (there's a thread somewhere in the prospects forum).

I subscribe to ESPN Insider for the online columns. (they have BA updates as a previous poster mentioned). I prefer this more because it includes football, basketball, etc.... As far as ESPN the magazine, it is nothing more than ad-filled garbage (I haven't even opened the past 4 issues over the past 2 months).

Attheplate.com is a nice minor league site (daily box scores and updates -- with exerpts (sp?) from BA as well. Scott Rex runs a nice minor league site -- the site name escapes me -- but he gives free detailed daily updates, I'm sure someone else here knows the site.
Registered_Guest
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby tiger spit » Thu Dec 30, 2004 4:55 am

oh thanks...

i have my million links i check daily. im in a few salary leagues that uses the whole organization so i thought BA subscriber status would bring me deeper into the marrow of the minor leagues. we all the name players in the minors. i hoped it got me familar with players i wouldnt have, ie, single A guys. lots of big name guys start out at A too. some emerge as well.

thks for the heads up though pal. ;-D
tiger spit
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Baseball Leftovers