Crawford - 5x5 League 12 teams - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Crawford - 5x5 League 12 teams

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Erboes » Thu Dec 30, 2004 9:25 am

I think Josh and Slomo are both right. If there is one player who is on the verge of fantasy superstardom it is Crawford. He won't hit as many HR's as he matures as Beltran, but he should develope into a 25 HR/50 SB type eventually, plus with a better average than Beltran. The best thing about him is he improved his power while improving his average at the same time, which tells me his growth potential is great. Definite first round material, but most of us would not have to take him that high.

Pierre is very undervalued in my opinion as Slomo stats because SB's are undervalued. Most people are power obsessed, much to their team's detrement. I always scoop up the Pierre types and trade them away once I have SB's nailed down. SB's are perhaps the hardest category to catch-up in, which people forget.
Erboes
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Crawford

Postby AKhomebrewer » Thu Dec 30, 2004 3:38 pm

Budworth22 wrote:I am 20 years old, and have been playing since i was 14, but old guys help me out here. Where was Rickey taken in his prime, and who was taken ahead of him.
Bud

As I recall, Ricky went a couple spots after Honus Wagner, but just ahead of Willie Keeler because of the power-speed combo.
• Aaron Hill: Avoids DL Jul 12 (RotoWire)
• Aaron Hill: Headed for DL Jul 12 (RotoWire)
AKhomebrewer
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 1)

Postby blankman » Thu Dec 30, 2004 3:55 pm

J35J wrote:People are predicting quite a few RBI for Crawford which I am assuming because you think he will hit 2nd but do you really think Gaithright will bat lead off for any lenghty period of time? I'm thinking Crawford stays at leadoff for the majority of the season. I think Gaithright will struggle and bat 9th most of the season. Fill me in guys, if he really is going to bat second. Or is it something we should watch for in spring.

Jason

This why I value him less than many others here. I can't imagine 80 RBI, not to mention 75 not even if he hits second. With 60-65 being more likely IMO, this is not as much a value pick as a Todd Helton.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Tavish » Thu Dec 30, 2004 11:00 pm

Most of these projections are somewhat higher than my projections. I have Crawford at .280/.320/.455 95 Runs 14 HR 60 RBI 45 SB. I think he will definitely be gone by the end of the second, I would rather have Ichiro myself and I wouldn't look to Crawford until the mid-3rd.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 34)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers