Crawford - 5x5 League 12 teams - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Crawford - 5x5 League 12 teams

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby slomo007 » Wed Dec 29, 2004 2:02 pm

I know one thing for sure....I won't be targetting Crawford this year....but will be targetting Juan Pierre. ;-)

Remember him?
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby trevisc » Wed Dec 29, 2004 2:04 pm

slomo007 wrote:I know one thing for sure....I won't be targetting Crawford this year....but will be targetting Juan Pierre. ;-)

Remember him?

you mean "Mr. One Homer" ?

lol
trevisc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
Location: Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2004,2005 Keeper League Champion

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Wed Dec 29, 2004 2:08 pm

I agree with Josh here - he probably should be ranked in the first rd, however many people dont recognize exactly what he brings and therefore he is probably one of the best 2nd rd picks you can hope to land.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby joshheines » Wed Dec 29, 2004 2:09 pm

I don't have my rankings done yet, but I'd have Crawford, most likely in my top 12. If you consider him a mid-90s Kenny Lofton type then maybe you want to draft him higher. If you think he's Juan Pierre drop him down. To let you know how I consider his value, I recently traded for him in my keeper league. The league has 13 teams and we each get 8 keepers + assorted players who may have been disabled for most of the year and minor leaguers. With that said my offense for next year before the draft was the following: 1B - Pujols, 1B - Helton, 3B Chavez, 3B - Huff, 3B - Wright, SS, Nomar, OF - Trot Nixon, C - Victor Martinez. That's it on the offensive side for the most part, Wright, Nomar, and Nixon didn't count toward my 8 keepers because of our league rules. So I was in a quandry. I had 4 positions for 5 players (1B, 3B, CO, and Util for Helton, Pujols, Wright, Chavez, and Huff). Under our league rules, Wright is a free keeper for the next three years because I had him on my minor league roster, ie I don't have to send him back to the FA pool until the draft of 2008, so he's not going anywhere. Pujols isn't going anywhere. So I was down to Chavez, Huff, and Helton. Given the depth of 3B, there wasn't much interest in Chavez or Huff because, frankly everyone thinks they have a 3B keeper. So I traded Helton, Alex Rios, Grady Sizemore, Dewon Brazelton, and Ervin Santana for Carl Crawford and Odalis Perez. I knew up front I wasn't going to keep Perez because I have some better guys and was just looking to trade him off to another team. Never happened. So in my team where I already had Pujols, Martinez, Chavez, Huff, Wright, Nomar, and Trot Nixon before I drafted one player, I looked around and saw Pierre being kept, Podsednik being kept, Abreu and Beltran were keepers, who was I going to get to steal some bases on my power-filled team? So I essentially moved Todd Helton for Carl Crawford. Helton is a consensus 5-9 pick, so take that for what it's worth.
It's easy, fun, and 100% safe!
joshheines
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby slomo007 » Wed Dec 29, 2004 2:09 pm

trevisc wrote:
slomo007 wrote:I know one thing for sure....I won't be targetting Crawford this year....but will be targetting Juan Pierre. ;-)

Remember him?

lol

I like to refer to him as "Mr. Tenth Round". :-D
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby joshheines » Wed Dec 29, 2004 2:12 pm

slomo007 wrote:
trevisc wrote:

Remember him?

lol

Most mocks and rankings have Pierre as a 3rd to 5th round pick. If you get him in the 10th round of your draft, I want to be in your league and play for oodles of money.
It's easy, fun, and 100% safe!
joshheines
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby slomo007 » Wed Dec 29, 2004 2:14 pm

joshheines wrote:
slomo007 wrote:
trevisc wrote:

Remember him?

lol

Most mocks and rankings have Pierre as a 3rd to 5th round pick. If you get him in the 10th round of your draft, I want to be in your league and play for oodles of money.

Haha, I was exaggerating. The bottom line is that IMO he is a better value pick...I would expect to get him around the 5th or 6th round to be honest. He had a very disappointing season last year for Pierre's standards and Crawford has stolen the spotlight a great deal. I can't imagine drafting him in the 3rd round personally.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Crawford

Postby Budworth22 » Wed Dec 29, 2004 5:49 pm

I have him at .300-18 (he has bulked up some, TB is a homer dome), 80 rbi, 71 steals, and a .304 avg. This is my personal projection. I have him as the seond best of, and 3rd overall player. Some would say this is high, and I would take him 4th. I know, I have him 3rd, but Tejada is my 3rd player I would take, because of position scarcity. I am 20 years old, and have been playing since i was 14, but old guys help me out here. Where was Rickey taken in his prime, and who was taken ahead of him.
Bud
Budworth22
College Coach
College Coach

Location: Tallahassee/ Ft. Myers ST Home of the Sox and Twins

Postby J35J » Wed Dec 29, 2004 6:31 pm

People are predicting quite a few RBI for Crawford which I am assuming because you think he will hit 2nd but do you really think Gaithright will bat lead off for any lenghty period of time? I'm thinking Crawford stays at leadoff for the majority of the season. I think Gaithright will struggle and bat 9th most of the season. Fill me in guys, if he really is going to bat second. Or is it something we should watch for in spring.

Jason
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 369)

Postby Pogotheostrich » Thu Dec 30, 2004 9:11 am

J35J wrote:People are predicting quite a few RBI for Crawford which I am assuming because you think he will hit 2nd but do you really think Gaithright will bat lead off for any lenghty period of time? I'm thinking Crawford stays at leadoff for the majority of the season. I think Gaithright will struggle and bat 9th most of the season. Fill me in guys, if he really is going to bat second. Or is it something we should watch for in spring.
This is definitely something to keep an eye on during spring training. Speculation is that Gaithright will bat leadoff but if he struggles he will find the bottom of the order.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 337)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers