hideki matsui vs. carlos lee.... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

hideki matsui vs. carlos lee....

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

hideki matsui vs. carlos lee....

Postby mgoody6634 » Tue Dec 28, 2004 2:17 am

I'm looking to move Carlos Lee, slightly because I don't trust him all that much this year....He's extremely streaky and I think it could take him a long time to adjust to NL pitching....He is notoriously a slow starter, even in the AL where he's seen pitchers year after year....It scares me to think what might happen when he sees guys he's never faced....
I might be able to move him for Hideki Matsui....who do you think is a better keeper? Here's how they compare:
Stats (from 2004)--
HR: Both had 31
RBI: Lee had 99 and Matsui had 108
R: 103 for Lee and 109 for Matsui
AVG: .308 for Lee and .299 for Matsui
SB: 11 for Lee and 3 for Matsui
OPS: .891 for Lee and .912 for Matsui
Is it a toss up as of right now? Matsui bats clean up for the yankees and lee for the brew crew....who would you rather have?

Additionally, would you trade Lee for Carl Crawford? How much do those steals of his really boost his value?
The Reds might stink, but I'm still a fan!
mgoody6634
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby TeamCaptain#2 » Tue Dec 28, 2004 2:23 am

Matsui come on, Carlos Lee Sucks.
TeamCaptain#2
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Tue Dec 28, 2004 2:26 am

If you could get either of those guys for Lee straight up I'd go for it in a heartbeat. Crawford could be Beltran with a higher average and more SB's if the power develops like some people think it will. Matsui is one of the most underrated players in fantasy I think. He puts up great numbers since he's gotten a feel for the game over here in the States. I guess people think that pitchers will eventually figure him out, but I doubt that will happen.
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby NY Yankees Fan 2004 » Tue Dec 28, 2004 2:38 am

I would take Matsui ;-D He has finally adjusted to major league pitching and his numbers keep getting better every year.

Carlos Lee is an annyoing guy to own. He is streaky as Hell. the first 2 months of the seaon he hit 4HR someone than dropped him and I got him. He than went on that Long Hitting hitting streak, but only 1HR. Than he struggled a bit. Than he finally went on a tear in July in August. He had an incredible month of 13 HR. It was great ;-D
Now that he is in the NL with the brew-crew Im not so sure. I still think he will produce, but I excpect him to get off to a slow start adjusting to NL pitching. He should make a great buy low candidate next year. Alos Matsui is in a way better lineup which means better protection and more RBI oppurtunities
[color=blue][size=24]2005 Fantasy Baseball Champion[/size][/color]
NY Yankees Fan 2004
General Manager
General Manager

Postby TheFatman » Tue Dec 28, 2004 2:40 am

I matched up matsui, lee, and crawford over the past 2 years and found that lee is actually better than the other two. it's a toss up between lee and crawford but lee has a lifetime batting average of .309 vs. the national league?! I don't thinkyou'd lose on either Crawford or Lee.
TheFatman
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby kimchi_chigae » Tue Dec 28, 2004 2:46 am

i'm not a big carlos lee fan, but i can't deny that he's a good fantasy player. as people have said, he's streaky, he can win you one week and then make you bench him the next. if you can get crawfish or matsui for lee straight up, i'd do it. crawford is no beltran cuz he doesn't have nearly the same kinda power, but he'll get you SB, R and high AVG. he'll also hit some HRs which are always welcome. as for matsui. i agree he's underrated, but i think people started to notice him more cuz he improved his number and was pretty good doing the playoffs this year.
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 194)

Postby HOOTIE » Tue Dec 28, 2004 5:15 am

I like Matsui over Lee, but Crawford over both. Just a note on Lee. He leaves a park great for RHB (137 hr index), going to a park that is average for RHB (101 hr index). I expect a drop in hrs.
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 296)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby trevisc » Tue Dec 28, 2004 7:03 am

I agree with Hootie.. I'd rank them:

Crawford
Matsui
Lee
trevisc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
Location: Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2004,2005 Keeper League Champion

Postby kentx12 » Tue Dec 28, 2004 11:05 am

I really like Lee as a fantasy player. I would rank them

Crawford
Lee
Matsui
kentx12
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby raiders_umpire » Tue Dec 28, 2004 12:21 pm

trevisc wrote:I agree with Hootie.. I'd rank them:

Crawford
Matsui
Lee

this is my rankings as well
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers