Bobby Abreu - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Bobby Abreu

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Mon Dec 27, 2004 3:28 pm

I would expect his numbers to stay the same or maybe decline slightly just because most were above his career averages (especially SB and HR and R to a lesser extent). I would think his RBI, AVG, and BB if you count those will stay the same if not go up slightly. I guess that's not really an answer to your question, but that's the best I can come up with right now. :-D
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Mon Dec 27, 2004 3:30 pm

eftda - I dont know of a reason to project a fundamental shift in numbers for Abreu - no major injuries to report, no change in scenery, no major protection changes. Feel free to consider him one of the most valuable 5 tool players around. And, at the end of the 1st rd - where Ive seen him go pretty regularly recently - they are still undervaluing him.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Secret Avatar » Mon Dec 27, 2004 3:47 pm

I expect solid 5-tool numbers for him next year. I'd discount his steals and homers a bit, to keep them more in line with his historical performance. Something along the lines of 305 BA, 23 HR, 108 runs, 100 RBI, and 30 steals with 575 ABs.
I am the Master. Don't question the Master. Just do what he says and be proud.
Secret Avatar
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Re: Bobby Abreu

Postby raiders_umpire » Mon Dec 27, 2004 5:06 pm

eftda wrote:Phillies lineup didn't change much so shouldn't his numbers stay he same. Maybe more RBIS with Lofton, but will he run as much as he use too?

a slight decrease should be expected as 2004 will probably be his career year....but as far as injury, or team change nothing like that affects him this offseason...... a slight decrease though but he will still be very,very valuable....... ;-D
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby J35J » Mon Dec 27, 2004 5:09 pm

Secret Avatar wrote:I expect solid 5-tool numbers for him next year. I'd discount his steals and homers a bit, to keep them more in line with his historical performance. Something along the lines of 305 BA, 23 HR, 108 runs, 100 RBI, and 30 steals with 575 ABs.

I agree with everything here except I would add 4-5 hr to this.

Jason
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 358)

Postby Dark Knight » Mon Dec 27, 2004 5:22 pm

I would refer to Abreau as, Beltran with a better batting average, and can get him with a better value pick than Beltran as well.
Dark Knight
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby CubsFan7724 » Mon Dec 27, 2004 5:27 pm

Abreu is mini-Beltan. Don't hesitate to take him if you have a mid to late first round pick.
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Mon Dec 27, 2004 5:34 pm

CubsFan7724 wrote:Abreu is mini-Beltan. Don't hesitate to take him if you have a mid to late first round pick.

I agree. With maybe the exception of SB's and HR's I think Abreu could realistically outperform or at least be comprable to Beltran fantasy wise, and he will come probably a round later or so in most drafts.
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby mtarail » Mon Dec 27, 2004 10:26 pm

I wouldn't take Abreu before the end of the 2nd. I'm a little skeptical about his ability to repeat his 2004 HR's and SB's.
Bluto: Over? Did you say over? NOTHING is over until WE decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? HELL, NO!
Otter: Germans?
Boon: Forget it, he's rolling.
mtarail
General Manager
General Manager

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers