out of these third basemen... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

out of these third basemen...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

out of these third basemen...

Postby fantasy czar » Sat Dec 25, 2004 1:13 pm

who'll have the best fantasy value; this year and in the future?

hank blalock
aramis ramirez
eric chavez

in other words, how would you rank those three for a dynasty league...

here's mine:
1. Eric Chavez
2. Hank Blalock
3. Aramis Ramirez
fantasy czar Beginner
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Amazinz » Sat Dec 25, 2004 1:16 pm

For a dynasty I'd rank them:

Blalock
Chavez
Ramirez
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby btownfu » Sat Dec 25, 2004 1:42 pm

Chavez
Blalock
Ramierez
"In aquiring a player with a good record you are building backwards, building a great past"
-Bill James
btownfu
College Coach
College Coach

Postby irishdude103 » Sat Dec 25, 2004 2:03 pm

Chavez
Blalock
Ramirez
irishdude103
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Bukoski77 » Sat Dec 25, 2004 2:32 pm

If I ran a real MLB team I would take Chavez hands down. Better glove on defense, takes more walks, higher batting AVE ceiling, swipes a few more bases, and has been slightly behind Blaylock with his OBP% yet slightly ahead with his SLG% the past two years.

The A's arent letting Chavez go any where as they are keeping him long term so he will never benefit on par with the lineup support Blalock gets. Blalock has more HR potential as well and is 2 years younger. I believe Chavez could top Blalock in just about every category except HR's playing for Texas, but that is just segwaying to make believe land.

I believe Chavez is the better MLB 3B, but Blalock takes him in fantasy. They are both 1st tier 3rd basemen. Ramirez is good but at the top of the 2nd tier, not quite near their level unless he can replicate last years numbers for a couple more seasons while keeping a handle on his errors.

DYNASTY
Blalock
Chavez
Ramirez

Ramirez seemed to get a handle on all of his errors last year, but if he reverts anywhere near to his 2001-2003, 77 errors committed form, then he might not finish the last year of his contract in Wrigley. Further hurting his Dynasty value.
"Son we would like to keep you around here but were trying to win a pennant this year."
Bukoski77
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Lofunzo » Sat Dec 25, 2004 2:57 pm

Amazinz wrote:For a dynasty I'd rank them:

Blalock
Chavez
Ramirez

As would I.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby Registered_Guest » Sat Dec 25, 2004 4:32 pm

Though I'm a huge A-ram fan (and think he could easily have a couple 40 HR seasons ahead of him):

1) Blalock (park is perfect for him & he's signed for a 4+ more years there I believe)
2) Chavez (park is the differences between the two offensively; put Chavez in Arlington and he's hitting 40+)
3) A-ram (IMO One of the more overlooked fantasy baseball players -- still only 25-26 years old I believe)
Registered_Guest
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby kimchi_chigae » Sat Dec 25, 2004 5:27 pm

it's a tough call between chavez and blalock for me, but i'd prolly take blalock cuz he's 3 years younger. i think they will post similar numbers. i'd like to see blalock avg go back to the .300 though. hank is in a better ballpark and in a better lineup. ;-D
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 194)

Postby mgoody6634 » Sat Dec 25, 2004 6:14 pm

Blalock
Chavez
A-Ram

agreed with everyone else above pretty much
The Reds might stink, but I'm still a fan!
mgoody6634
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby stevethumb » Sat Dec 25, 2004 10:43 pm

once again i seem to be out of step and will defend my NL boy..i would take A-Ram over those 2 for next year..batting average chavez is obviously the weakest only once hitting over .282 in 5 years w/A-Ram hitting over .300 2 outa 4 years..blalock .277, .300, last yr .276....OPS in 04 again A-Ram leads 952 to 898 to blalock's 858... power ? A-Ram 36-103 compares favorably w/blalock 33-114..chavez 29-77....i would buy aramirez then hblalock and pass on echavez
stevethumb
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle Eye

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers