Aaron Boone predictions - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Aaron Boone predictions

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Aaron Boone predictions

Postby prose749 » Sat Dec 25, 2004 12:07 pm

Wii he bounce back from surgery and will he be in your top 10 for 3b?
prose749
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 33)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby trevisc » Sat Dec 25, 2004 12:10 pm

.275-25-70-70-10

I don't think he'll play a full season so that's in about 475 at bats..

With his bum knee I doubt he'll be stealing like he used to.
trevisc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
Location: Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2004,2005 Keeper League Champion

Postby Amazinz » Sat Dec 25, 2004 12:21 pm

With the depth at 3B I would pass on him until the later rounds for a utility spot. There are so many options at 3B I wouldn't draft him as my starting 3B.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Bukoski77 » Sat Dec 25, 2004 2:50 pm

I checked my sportsline league out and couldnt find anything out about his position eligibility.

Does haveing not played at all last year negate his 19 games at 2B in 2003 leaving him only eligible at 3rd, his primary position?

Do any of you guys in yahoo or other service provider leagues have anything on your league website clarifying it?

Sportsline hasnt updated anything for 2005 yet so I guess I'll e-mail them to find out.
"Son we would like to keep you around here but were trying to win a pennant this year."
Bukoski77
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Amazinz » Sat Dec 25, 2004 3:00 pm

I've wondered about this too and I've looked around but couldn't find anything. I'm assuming that Yahoo will treat it like a minor leaguer who has just entered the league and give him eligibility only at his listed position.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Bukoski77 » Sat Dec 25, 2004 3:12 pm

Amazinz wrote:I've wondered about this too and I've looked around but couldn't find anything. I'm assuming that Yahoo will treat it like a minor leaguer who has just entered the league and give him eligibility only at his listed position.

Lol, in my two Sportsline keeper leagues the commissioner of a 12 team league owns A.Boone (probably wont keep him) but I still dont want to ask him, as that would be putting it in his hands.

In my other 16 team league I own Boone, so I want to ask Sportsline, leaving it out of the commish's hands.

I'm not keeping him in my league, and it would shock me silly if the commish of our 12 team 8 keeper league did.

I just want everyone to have a fair heads up going into the draft as a 3rd baseman who averaged 526AB, 76R, 139H, 21HR, 82RBI, 20SB, with a well not hurting too bad or helping either .264BA would move up considerably in the rankings haveing 2B eligibility.

I have to say this is one of the few times I think it should be a fantasy service provider's decision of how a league technicality is decided, and not the league commissioners.

In 2003 I drafted Jose Contreras and I forgot whether it was RP or SP the Yankee's used him in to start the year, but sportsline had him listed as the oppossite and my commissioner stuck it to me in haveing to wait until he filled the minimum games requirement.
"Son we would like to keep you around here but were trying to win a pennant this year."
Bukoski77
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby El Gaupo » Sat Dec 25, 2004 3:17 pm

Bukoski77 wrote:
Amazinz wrote:I've wondered about this too and I've looked around but couldn't find anything. I'm assuming that Yahoo will treat it like a minor leaguer who has just entered the league and give him eligibility only at his listed position.

Lol, in my two Sportsline keeper leagues the commissioner of a 12 team league owns A.Boone (probably wont keep him) but I still dont want to ask him, as that would be putting it in his hands.

In my other 16 team league I own Boone, so I want to ask Sportsline, leaving it out of the commish's hands.

I'm not keeping him in my league, and it would shock me silly if the commish of our 12 team 8 keeper league did.

I just want everyone to have a fair heads up going into the draft as a 3rd baseman who averaged 526AB, 76R, 139H, 21HR, 82RBI, 20SB, with a well not hurting too bad or helping either .264BA would move up considerably in the rankings haveing 2B eligibility.

I have to say this is one of the few times I think it should be a fantasy service provider's decision of how a league technicality is decided.

In our league a player qualifies for any position that he has played 15 times or more from his most recent season This doesn't include minor leaguers with no pro time
El Gaupo
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby AKhomebrewer » Mon Dec 27, 2004 1:37 pm

That position eligibility makes all the difference. With 3b so loaded this year, I wouldn't take Boone for anything but a util/backup at the corner. But at 2b he would be worth a flier after the first 6-8 are gone.
• Aaron Hill: Avoids DL Jul 12 (RotoWire)
• Aaron Hill: Headed for DL Jul 12 (RotoWire)
AKhomebrewer
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 1)

Return to Baseball Leftovers