Toronto's 3rd Base Situation - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Toronto's 3rd Base Situation

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Toronto's 3rd Base Situation

Postby Zito is God » Sat Dec 25, 2004 1:28 am

Koskie is signed to play Toronto's 3rd base I am asuming.

I am a big Hinske believer and was wondering, is there any word on his situation? Will he DH and split time with koskie during NL games? Will he be traded? Will he be moved to a diffrent position?

Sean Tracey has my apologies, we all know Ozzie Guillen is an idiot. I'm rooting for you!
Zito is God
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby kimchi_chigae » Sat Dec 25, 2004 2:03 am

when hinske first came to the big leagues, his defense was horrible, but it has got a lot better the last two year. his offensive numbers, which were pretty decent in his rookie year, have only gone down.

from what i've read, hinske will likely start the season at 1B and koskie will play 3B. before the jays signed koskie, hinske supposedly called JP ricciardi and asked JP not to trade him. apparently JP said he wouldn't.

i've said before that i'm not a huge hinske fan, but he could have a bounce back season...or at least i hope.
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 194)

Postby stumpak » Sun Dec 26, 2004 11:11 pm

Hinske has the potential to be the worst starting 1B in the majors this season.
stumpak
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Bukoski77 » Mon Dec 27, 2004 12:38 am

stumpak wrote:Hinske has the potential to be the worst starting 1B in the majors this season.

LMAO :-D :-D :-D .

Koskie could be a great value pick now. Dont draft him until the last few rounds of a 12 team league with 5 game eligibility limits as deep as 3B is, but a .270AVE, 25HR, 85RBI, 80R, 70BB, and 10+SB is certainly possible. If not even a little better.

His AVE, HR per AB, RBI rate, OBP%, steal rate, and SLG%(.530 post all-star break) where all noticeably up after the all star break last year.
"Son we would like to keep you around here but were trying to win a pennant this year."
Bukoski77
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby logics » Mon Dec 27, 2004 3:29 pm

All signs point to Hinske moving to 1B, Hinske defensively has been improving every year (his actually quite underated defensively as a 3B) so a move to the DH spot is a NO. DH will probably be occupied by Catalanotto, seeing that we have a crowded OF with the arrival of Alexis Rios. Also there is a good chance of Eric Hinske beeing traded.
logics
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Baseball Leftovers