Giambi - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Giambi

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Giambi

Postby ocmusicjunkie » Fri Dec 24, 2004 11:08 pm

So lets assume he is on the opening day roster for the Yanks. Where do you rank him in your 1b pool? Where do you see him going in most leagues?
Help please:
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1086524#1086524


Harden- 2.15 ERA, 7.61 K/9
Peavy - 2.89 ERA, 10.10 K/9

[b]Lets go Rich![/b]
ocmusicjunkie
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 828
Joined: 6 Jul 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby nomar88423 » Fri Dec 24, 2004 11:12 pm

I do not have him high at all. He has to prove himself to me first. Either way he is a huge gamble. The highest I would rank him would be around 15th. As far as draft position, anywhere from rounds 12-14.
nomar88423
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 276
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 23 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby CubsFan7724 » Sat Dec 25, 2004 12:00 am

The only way he should start for you is if your league has 16 teams or more.
Image
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 6426
Joined: 19 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: AKA 34=Sweetness on FFC

Postby trevisc » Sat Dec 25, 2004 12:52 am

as of now i'd say somewhere in the top 125 or so. With 1B being so thick with talent there should be no reason to have him on your roster.
trevisc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
Posts: 11271
Joined: 6 Jan 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2004,2005 Keeper League Champion

Postby El Gaupo » Sat Dec 25, 2004 1:02 am

I'll wait for reports out of ST, if good, I could see him moving up.
El Gaupo
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 576
Joined: 4 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ocmusicjunkie » Sat Dec 25, 2004 2:08 am

I'm sort of surprised. It's a gamble, that goes without saying. Still, he was an MVP not too long ago. Nobody thinks the upside is worth making him possibly a 10th rounder?
Help please:
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1086524#1086524


Harden- 2.15 ERA, 7.61 K/9
Peavy - 2.89 ERA, 10.10 K/9

[b]Lets go Rich![/b]
ocmusicjunkie
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 828
Joined: 6 Jul 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Lofunzo » Sat Dec 25, 2004 3:57 am

ocmusicjunkie wrote:I'm sort of surprised. It's a gamble, that goes without saying. Still, he was an MVP not too long ago. Nobody thinks the upside is worth making him possibly a 10th rounder?


I do and I agree. I am hoping that he slips to the 10th and I would take the chance as long as the reports are good.
Image
Lofunzo
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 23698
(Past Year: 11)
Joined: 9 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Central Jersey

Postby Amazinz » Sat Dec 25, 2004 12:03 pm

Lofunzo wrote:
ocmusicjunkie wrote:I'm sort of surprised. It's a gamble, that goes without saying. Still, he was an MVP not too long ago. Nobody thinks the upside is worth making him possibly a 10th rounder?


I do and I agree. I am hoping that he slips to the 10th and I would take the chance as long as the reports are good.

Of course Giambi is worth taking a flier on just in case he returns to form but 10th is too high IMO. I wouldn't take him until the final rounds of the draft where the risk would be minimal. I guess it depends on what you think the odds are of him returning healthy and being able to perform under increased pressure. I don't think the chances are very good.
Image
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 18800
Joined: 16 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: in Canada, toughening up figure skaters

Postby Lofunzo » Sat Dec 25, 2004 12:34 pm

Amazinz wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:
ocmusicjunkie wrote:I'm sort of surprised. It's a gamble, that goes without saying. Still, he was an MVP not too long ago. Nobody thinks the upside is worth making him possibly a 10th rounder?


I do and I agree. I am hoping that he slips to the 10th and I would take the chance as long as the reports are good.

Of course Giambi is worth taking a flier on just in case he returns to form but 10th is too high IMO. I wouldn't take him until the final rounds of the draft where the risk would be minimal. I guess it depends on what you think the odds are of him returning healthy and being able to perform under increased pressure. I don't think the chances are very good.


It all depends on how the draft is going.
Image
Lofunzo
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 23698
(Past Year: 11)
Joined: 9 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Central Jersey

Postby chiuondis » Mon Dec 27, 2004 2:52 pm

Giambi might still do decent at least... look at Bonds.. he's off the roids and he's still doing great. I think Giambi will have these stats

.315
100 RBI
25HR
95Run

as long as he's on the yankees he can put those types of numbers up
chiuondis
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 351
Joined: 6 May 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: NJ

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Thursday, Jul. 31
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Chi White Sox at Detroit
(1:08 pm)
Colorado at Chi Cubs
(2:20 pm)
St. Louis at San Diego
(3:40 pm)
Philadelphia at Washington
(7:05 pm)
Seattle at Cleveland
(7:05 pm)
LA Angels at Baltimore
(7:05 pm)
Cincinnati at Miami
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Toronto at Houston
(8:10 pm)
Minnesota at Kansas City
(8:10 pm)
Pittsburgh at Arizona
(9:40 pm)
Atlanta at LA Dodgers
(10:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact