Comments on my starting pitchers please - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Comments on my starting pitchers please

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Comments on my starting pitchers please

Postby titanut » Wed Apr 23, 2003 9:16 pm

Hudson, Wood, Buehrle, then I go to "phenoms" Foppert, Chacon
and Eaton. I am prepared to spot start the phenoms until I have
a better read on their ability. I also have Santana, who I figure will
eventually start.
titanut
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jdh » Thu Apr 24, 2003 3:40 am

Hudson, Wood and Buerhle are excellent top 15 pitchers that should give you lots of production. However, I would recommend pulling a trade if your offense is strong to pick up a fourth solid starter so you can forget about having to use Foppert, Chacon and Eaton. Foppert is totally unproven, and if he doesn't improve soon, he's going back to the minors. The Giants can't afford to keep a struggling pitcher in their rotation. Chacon has been great so far but I think its a mirage and once he starts pitching at Coors in the heat of the summer, he will come apart, like virtually every Rockies pitcher does. I watched the game Eaton pitched today on WGN and he looked impressive, but he also has been inconsistent, they have been running his pitch counts too high for a guy just off surgery, and he won't get many wins on a hapless Padres team.

I would far rather trade away some excess offense to get a fourth pitcher you can count on, like a Glavine, Moyer, Leiter, Pineiro type guy so you can forget about worrying about those three garbage pitchers.
jdh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby DGroundhog » Thu Apr 24, 2003 5:49 am

First off, no need to panic since SP has an abundance of players on the wire who you can piece into a nice rotation. Guys will appear on the waiver wire you wouldn't expect as well. You have your 1-2-3 punch which isn't bad. You need a minimum of 3 solid SP, and you have them. Wood gives you big K numbers, so you should finish mid to high in W's, K's, ERA, and WHIP. Looks like you drafted offense, so that may be enough.

If it is an inning limit league, I would be starting Santana and picking and choosing starts with the young guns just to keep close to pace on innings.

...and it wouldn't hurt to get a Brad Radke bobble head voodoo doll, a box of pins, and some matches.

[b][size=18]70*[/size][/b]
* Steroid induced record
DGroundhog
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to Baseball Leftovers