something i wrote on Bonds - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

something i wrote on Bonds

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby CubsFan7724 » Thu Dec 23, 2004 7:21 pm

He would have been a first ballot hall of famer had he not hit the ridiculous amounts of home runs. He would have hit 500, steroids or not. But, because of this, I can not look at these past 3-4 years as legitimate. The fact he didn't fess up to it makes it worse. At least Giambi had the (o) (o) to admit to using steroids, instead of saying he thought they were arthritis cream...
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby acsguitar » Thu Dec 23, 2004 7:58 pm

I hope bonds is walked every at bat
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby trevisc » Thu Dec 23, 2004 11:23 pm

Yawn..the sooner he retires the better.
trevisc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
Location: Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2004,2005 Keeper League Champion

Postby LBJackal » Fri Dec 24, 2004 3:20 am

CubsFan7724 wrote:He would have been a first ballot hall of famer had he not hit the ridiculous amounts of home runs. He would have hit 500, steroids or not. But, because of this, I can not look at these past 3-4 years as legitimate. The fact he didn't fess up to it makes it worse. At least Giambi had the (o) (o) to admit to using steroids, instead of saying he thought they were arthritis cream...

I don't think either Bonds nor Giambi has admitted to using steroids.

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby wrveres » Fri Dec 24, 2004 4:00 am

Amendment V
No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a grand jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the militia, when in actual service in time of war or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offense to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.
;-7
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 687)

Postby RugbyD » Fri Dec 24, 2004 4:42 am

Pete Rose was my childhood hero. While he has been voted out of baseball and is not in the HOF, nobody will dispute his play on the field.

Your post makes me sad.

I don't dispute his play at all. Rose is also one of my favs. The point of my paretheticals was the up-in-the-air notion of whether there was betting on baseball that affected the outcome of any game(s). If so, then he moves in the direction of Bonds.

Amendment V etc. etc. etc.

There's nary a more anal Constitutional contructionist on this board than myelf, but for godsakes Wrveres, be reasonable. If there was ever a circumstantial slam-dunk, this is it. (btw I would not prosecute b/c I don't see it as a crime) "I thought it was flaxseed" holy crap someone pinch me. Dude, if you're alone in a forest and you hear a tree fall, just becuase you didn't see it doesn't mean it didn't happen.

:-t
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby RugbyD » Fri Dec 24, 2004 4:47 am

LBJackal wrote:I don't think either Bonds nor Giambi has admitted to using steroids.

So the SF Chronicle just made up grand jury testimony for fun? Still waiting for the libel case..............
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby HOOTIE » Fri Dec 24, 2004 5:35 am

Every kid should read Ball 4. Should be mandatory reading. I remember as a kid thinking bb player's did no wrong, for some strange reason. Read Ball 4 one day, and boy did my outlook change. :-o I couldn't believe it. Of course now i know bb is a microcosm of society. The headline stories shock us, but in reality the offense are proportionate to that in society. The problem is now the media runs with everything. In the old days, media looked the other way. It's ironic Bonds is so hated, yet the golden boy of bb (Ruth), is still so loved. Yet Babe was a alcoholic, who chased so many women, he was a walking VD didplay. It's bb fault roids are here. The penalties didn't scare anyone. Image if robbing the local babk brought only probation? You don't think there would be a run of robbers? Bonds probably knew what he was taking, but can anyone prove 100% he knew? And can anyone prove he hit 1 more hr because of it? 50 more? 100? It's nothing but speculation. Many guys have done roids. None have approached Bonds. They should have done something at the time, like the Brett pine tar incident. You can't come back after the fact, where it was officially counted, and now try to downplay it *. Just my thoughts. I know i'm in the minority here, but BB taking steroids doesn't diminish what he's done. I agree roids need to go, so bb is the headlines, not off the field stuff. Nothing compares to Rose. gambling is by far the worst thing a player can do, at least in MLB eyes.
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 297)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers