Cafe League System - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Cafe League System

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Cafe League System

Postby pgbridge2000 » Wed Dec 22, 2004 10:48 pm

I know that there already is a cafe elite league (and whatever drafts end up being leagues) but I think that with all the fantasy baseball minded people here there should maybe some kind of large set of leagues, you based on like experience and stuff with anyone who wants in them and as you do well you can move up and down the latter depending on each years results???

(Kind of like the high school and college style leagues that have a ton of divisions and the best teams move up a division each year and the worst down a division)

I don't know just some brain drippings.
There are 3 ways to do things, the right way, the wrong way, and the Max Power way!
pgbridge2000
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Cafe League System

Postby wrveres » Wed Dec 22, 2004 10:52 pm

pgbridge2000 wrote:I know that there already is a cafe elite league (and whatever drafts end up being leagues) but I think that with all the fantasy baseball minded people here there should maybe some kind of large set of leagues, you based on like experience and stuff with anyone who wants in them and as you do well you can move up and down the latter depending on each years results???

(Kind of like the high school and college style leagues that have a ton of divisions and the best teams move up a division each year and the worst down a division)

I don't know just some brain drippings.

look down :-D
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 692)

Postby trevisc » Thu Dec 23, 2004 8:42 am

you have too many http: 's in your link there
trevisc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
Location: Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2004,2005 Keeper League Champion

Postby wrveres » Thu Dec 23, 2004 10:26 am

trevisc wrote:you have too many http: 's in your link there

nice find
thanks ;-D
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 692)

Postby Rkiivs » Thu Dec 23, 2004 11:00 am

Ugh, I just can't get over the frustration that is H2H. Please, someone tell me why I should play H2H? Am I missing out?
Rkiivs Beginner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Innovative Member

Postby dleoboyd » Thu Dec 23, 2004 2:59 pm

Rkiivs wrote:Ugh, I just can't get over the frustration that is H2H. Please, someone tell me why I should play H2H? Am I missing out?

No, you're not missing out on anything. H2H is nice for the casual fantasy sports fan, but it is not an accurate scoring method, if you're trying to determine who has the best fantasy mind out there. The league champion is often the guy that makes the playoffs, then happens to have a group of players that get hot for the last month of the season, rendering the first 4-5 months worthless.

Plus if you're playing in one of those 5x5, Roto style H2H leagues, the formula for winning is so simple: draft good closers and hitters, neglect SP....if you do a good job of this, your chances of winning are pretty high (I’ve used that method year after year and it’s always worked for me..). Old fashioned, points based H2H leagues are a bit more challenging, but are an even worse measure of fantasy prowess.
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit.

-Aristotle
dleoboyd
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby trevisc » Thu Dec 23, 2004 3:05 pm

Rkiivs wrote:Ugh, I just can't get over the frustration that is H2H. Please, someone tell me why I should play H2H? Am I missing out?

h2h to me is about a new rival every week. You against me. mono y mono. You want some of this punk? Bring it on!!!

It's all about that kind rivalry that you build throughout the years, especially in a keeper league, that makes it awesome to me.

I love H2H

;-D
trevisc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
Location: Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2004,2005 Keeper League Champion

Postby StlSluggers » Thu Dec 23, 2004 3:06 pm

dleoboyd wrote:

No, you're not missing out on anything. H2H is nice for the casual fantasy sports fan, but it is not an accurate scoring method, if you're trying to determine who has the best fantasy mind out there. The league champion is often the guy that makes the playoffs, then happens to have a group of players that get hot for the last month of the season, rendering the first 4-5 months worthless.

*gasp* You mean it's like real life???

NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

:-b

Can the Cardinals make the same complaint to the Red Sox? After all, we did win more games than they did during the regular season. Those last 4 games just rendered "first 4-5 months worthless."
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby StlSluggers » Thu Dec 23, 2004 3:11 pm

The question is, "Do you want to emulate the real game, or do you want to play by a new set of rules?" If you want to emulate the real-life game, H2H is the best fantasy way to do it. If you want to make up your own set of rules, than roto is the way to do it.

It's really a preference. I see neither as being superior, just variations on a theme.
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Thu Dec 23, 2004 4:07 pm

Im with you - roto is the only way to play.

I guess I would be more apt to play H2H if there were SEVERE ristrictions on WW claims or IP and games played. Jockying the WW is way too common a strategy in H2H, and its just not something I want to deal with.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers