Best Rotation 2005 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Best Rotation 2005

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby El Gaupo » Wed Dec 22, 2004 8:41 pm

I was leaning towards Schill.. he is a few years younger and his injury seems like it will not be a big deal. RJ has certainly been the better pitcher in the past, not even close, but RJ's knee really worries me and somtimes it not about what you done in the past, but what you can do today or tomorrow.
El Gaupo
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby El Gaupo » Wed Dec 22, 2004 8:42 pm

I was leaning towards Schill.. he is a few years younger and his injury seems like it will not be a big deal. RJ has certainly been the better pitcher in the past, not even close, but RJ's knee really worries me and somtimes it not about what you done in the past, but what you can do today or tomorrow.
El Gaupo
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Spiegs1106 » Wed Dec 22, 2004 8:43 pm

Schilling Prior
Clement Wood
Wells Zambrano
Miller Maddux
Wake/Arroyo Dempster???

Those are real close. Cubs have a more one-two-three punch but overall, I think the sox have more depth now
Spiegs1106
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby ajgnydc722 » Wed Dec 22, 2004 8:43 pm

1. Chicago Cubs
2. Houston Astros
3. New York Yankees (2nd if they get RJ)
4. Boston Red Sox
5. Atlana Braves
ajgnydc722
General Manager
General Manager

Postby ajgnydc722 » Wed Dec 22, 2004 8:46 pm

Spiegs1106 wrote:Schilling Prior
Clement Wood
Wells Zambrano
Miller Maddux
Wake/Arroyo Dempster???

Those are real close. Cubs have a more one-two-three punch but overall, I think the sox have more depth now

Well if the Yankees were to get RJ they also definately compare...

RJ-Schilling-Prior
Muss-Clement-Wood
Pavano-Miller-Zambrano
Brown-Wells-Maddux
Wright-Arroyo-Dempster

They are all real close. The fate depends on how well Pavano, Clement, Wright and Arroyo do. The Cubbies are still number 1, regardless, though.
ajgnydc722
General Manager
General Manager

Postby thedude » Wed Dec 22, 2004 8:53 pm

ajgnydc722 wrote:1. Chicago Cubs
2. Houston Astros
4. Boston Red Sox
5. Atlana Braves

i don't think the astros have the second best rotation any longer. Clemens is probable going to retire. Then it is Oswalt Pettit and that is about it...Tim Redding? B. Duckworth? Pete Munro?C. Hernandez? Brandon Backe is ok, i guess nothing specail. Even with clemens this rotation is well, far from scary expect for 1 and 2...

the yankees are allright, but Brown and Moose are past thier prime. Vazquez is questionable without a doubt. and Pavano and Wright each have just had one good year and are sure to suffer a let down this year.
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby ajgnydc722 » Wed Dec 22, 2004 8:56 pm

thedude wrote:
2. Houston Astros
4. Boston Red Sox
5. Atlana Braves

i don't think the astros have the second best rotation any longer. Clemens is probable going to retire. Then it is Oswalt Pettit and that is about it...Tim Redding? B. Duckworth? Pete Munro?C. Hernandez? Brandon Backe is ok, i guess nothing specail. Even with clemens this rotation is well, far from scary expect for 1 and 2...

the yankees are allright, but Brown and Moose are past thier prime. Vazquez is questionable without a doubt. and Pavano and Wright each have just had one good year and are sure to suffer a let down this year.

Hmm, good points about Houston. I forgot that Clemens probably won't be coming back, and that Miller is gone and Pettitte is shaky.

The Yankees are definately questionable, but the Red Sox are as well. Clement and Arroyo aren't very proven, just as Pavano and Vazquez aren't. Miller is injury prone, like Brown, etc.

The Cubs have the best staff, but the Yanks and Sawx would probably follow after the good points you made about Houston.

Has anyone given any thought to St. Louis??

Mulder-Carpenter-Morris-Marquis-Suppan

If they can play like they did last year (Carpenter, Suppan, Marquis) then that's a very good rotation as well...
ajgnydc722
General Manager
General Manager

Postby FatGuyWithAMullet » Wed Dec 22, 2004 8:58 pm

Assuming Clemens retires and the Unit eventually ends up with the Yankees I'd rank them like this..

1. Chicago Cubs
2. New York Yankees
3. Boston Red Sox
4. Atlanta Braves
5. Toss Up - Oakland, New York Mets, St. Louis Cardinals, etc.
FatGuyWithAMullet
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby ajgnydc722 » Wed Dec 22, 2004 9:01 pm

FatGuyWithAMullet wrote:Assuming Clemens retires and the Unit eventually ends up with the Yankees I'd rank them like this..

1. Chicago Cubs
2. New York Yankees
3. Boston Red Sox
4. Atlanta Braves
5. Toss Up - Oakland, New York Mets, St. Louis Cardinals, etc.

I'd agree with that, although I don't know if Oakland will be that great THIS year.
ajgnydc722
General Manager
General Manager

Postby thedude » Wed Dec 22, 2004 9:01 pm

ajgnydc722 wrote:
thedude wrote:
2. Houston Astros
4. Boston Red Sox
5. Atlana Braves

Hmm, good points about Houston. I forgot that Clemens probably won't be coming back, and that Miller is gone and Pettitte is shaky.

The Yankees are definately questionable, but the Red Sox are as well. Clement and Arroyo aren't very proven, just as Pavano and Vazquez aren't. Miller is injury prone, like Brown, etc.

The Cubs have the best staff, but the Yanks and Sawx would probably follow after the good points you made about Houston.

Has anyone given any thought to St. Louis??

Mulder-Carpenter-Morris-Marquis-Suppan

If they can play like they did last year (Carpenter, Suppan, Marquis) then that's a very good rotation as well...

true there are questions surrounding both the Yanks and the BoSox Rotations, but i like either of them better than St. Louis.

When comparing staffs you have to remeber the NL teams face easier lineups so their pitchers will have better numbers (lower era more K's fewer walks, ect) St. Loius is better now than last year with Mulder, but the rest are still the same guys that got torched by a strong Al lineup in the WS.
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers