Red Sox sign Wade Miller - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Red Sox sign Wade Miller

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby stevethumb » Thu Dec 23, 2004 12:01 pm

thedude wrote:From every source i have read It sounds like Miller has recovered from his arm troubles. It is a risk so only the big market teams really could gamble money on him. The yankees already have a set rotation if if they don't get RJ, they are paying the Brown, Pavano, Vazquez, Brown, and Moose too much much to have Miller take on of their spots, while either Arroyo or Wake could go to the bullpen if Miller is healthy.
what sources are those !!??...he has a torn rotator cuff and elected not to have surgery and instead is "resting and rehabbing" and he was instructed not to throw until late december... $1.5 m is a fair price for a torn rotator cuff BUT this is a high risk signing that only a team w/ a $100m + budget can afford..the chances he wins 8 games for the redsox are the same as him not making it out of spring training
stevethumb
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby thedude » Thu Dec 23, 2004 12:32 pm

stevethumb wrote:
thedude wrote:From every source i have read It sounds like Miller has recovered from his arm troubles. It is a risk so only the big market teams really could gamble money on him. The yankees already have a set rotation if if they don't get RJ, they are paying the Brown, Pavano, Vazquez, Brown, and Moose too much much to have Miller take on of their spots, while either Arroyo or Wake could go to the bullpen if Miller is healthy.
what sources are those !!??...he has a torn rotator cuff and elected not to have surgery and instead is "resting and rehabbing" and he was instructed not to throw until late december... $1.5 m is a fair price for a torn rotator cuff BUT this is a high risk signing that only a team w/ a $100m + budget can afford..the chances he wins 8 games for the redsox are the same as him not making it out of spring training

espn insider, oh and no doubt it is a a risk.
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby nsulham » Thu Dec 23, 2004 1:08 pm

Just like the Mantei signing, this is a high risk/high reward move. Can't beat the price though ;-D

I'm also pumped because Wade is a PA boy like myself, as is Clement.

Now all they need is Moose to come on board and they'll have the keystone pitcher market locked up ;-7
nsulham
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Transmogrifier » Thu Dec 23, 2004 1:31 pm

stevethumb wrote:

Pedro had the same injury in 2001, I think, and only did rest and rehab as well. He did ok. And I don't think only a few teams can risk 1.5 million on a pitcher like Wade. Not when people like Arthur Rhodes are making $1.8 million.
I'm back. Sorta.

Do not boo Johnny.
Transmogrifier
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby GreenMonsterGoon » Thu Dec 23, 2004 1:51 pm

;-)

Remember what Theo has constantly said. We're not building our team to win the division. He acknowledges the Yanks will win 100-110 games a year. This is a huge signing on this basis:

Schilling - Johnson (assuming this gets done eventually, Adv Sox)
Wells - Mussina (advantage Yanks)
Clement - Pavano (advantage Yanks)
Miller - Wright (Advantage Sox)

The Yankees depth clearly makes them a better team over 162 games, but the addition of Miller gives the Sox the ALCS AGAIN!!!
GreenMonsterGoon
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Tavish » Thu Dec 23, 2004 1:55 pm

GreenMonsterGoon wrote:;-)

Remember what Theo has constantly said. We're not building our team to win the division. He acknowledges the Yanks will win 100-110 games a year. This is a huge signing on this basis:

The Yankees depth clearly makes them a better team over 162 games, but the addition of Miller gives the Sox the ALCS AGAIN!!!

First off, welcome to the forum. Its about time the Red Sox got some fans around here.

Second, I think you might be abit biased in the Schilling v Johnson matchup. ;-D

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 25)

Postby nsulham » Thu Dec 23, 2004 2:01 pm

Tavish wrote:
First off, welcome to the forum. Its about time the Red Sox got some fans around here.

Hmm, I'm sensing tongue firmly in cheek on this one ;-)
To be fair though, I have noticed a lot of new Yankee fans popping up lately :-?
nsulham
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby El Gaupo » Thu Dec 23, 2004 5:08 pm

Tavish wrote:

Second, I think you might be abit biased in the Schilling v Johnson matchup. ;-D

The season is still 3 months away and we are already predicting Oct 05 match-ups. We have along way to go my friends :-t :-t
El Gaupo
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby thedude » Thu Dec 23, 2004 7:02 pm

El Gaupo wrote:
Tavish wrote:

The season is still 3 months away and we are already predicting Oct 05 match-ups. We have along way to go my friends :-t :-t

hey got think positive
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Tavish » Thu Dec 23, 2004 7:12 pm

I was comparing players and not post season matchups. :-?

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 25)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers