Red Sox sign Wade Miller - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Red Sox sign Wade Miller

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby thedude » Thu Dec 23, 2004 12:13 am

wrveres wrote:
look, apoligies to anybody I offended ... I am just very upset that Wade went to Boston, period. I am pissed that Hunsicker is an idiot and didn't do everything to try and keep, or even trade this guy. I hope Roger Clemmons sees this and decides to go and play for Texas.

Wade could have signed anywhere else for all I care, just not there. Not while Boston has decided to just buy up everybody. (I will be the first to admit that 1.5 million is a steal)

so apoligies to anybody I offened ...

Unless you are from Boston of course. ;-7

wow i didn't realize the Red Sox just signed Beltran, Beltre, and sexson, traded for Randy Johnson, and bought the rights to Ty Cobb, Sandy Koufax, and Hounus Wagner.

calm down they are hardly buying everyone.
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Trot Nixon » Thu Dec 23, 2004 12:13 am

wrveres wrote:
LBJackal wrote:wrveres, I think they make medication for PMS. You should give it a go, your wife must be getting fed up with you :-D

lol ..

look, apoligies to anybody I offended ... I am just very upset that Wade went to Boston, period. I am pissed that Hunsicker is an idiot and didn't do everything to try and keep, or even trade this guy. I hope Roger Clemmons sees this and decides to go and play for Texas.

Wade could have signed anywhere else for all I care, just not there. Not while Boston has decided to just buy up everybody. (I will be the first to admit that 1.5 million is a steal)

I don't see what your beef is with this signing of Wade Miller. The guy is not freakin Randy Johnson.. ANY TEAM COULD HAVE HAD HIM, he didn't sign for 4 years 40 million dollars, he signed 1 year 1.5 Million...That back-up first basemen salary there....here's a quote from the article
"The Red Sox were right on it from the beginning," Garber said. "They flew him to town and made him feel welcome. That's what Theo Epstein does. He makes players feel wanted, and they want to come here."
They didn't throw there checkbook around so don't hate the player, hate the game
Thanks chipper!!!!

There is such a thing called clutch and David Ortiz is the modern day definition of it
Trot Nixon
General Manager
General Manager

Postby thedude » Thu Dec 23, 2004 12:15 am

Trot Nixon wrote:don't hate the player, hate the game

i think this sums up the Red Sox to the fans of small market teams.
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Trot Nixon » Thu Dec 23, 2004 12:17 am

thedude wrote:
wrveres wrote:

wow i didn't realize the Red Sox just signed Beltran, Beltre, and sexson, traded for Randy Johnson, and bought the rights to Ty Cobb, Sandy Koufax, and Hounus Wagner.

calm down they are hardly buying everyone.
bravo my friend bravo Image
Thanks chipper!!!!

There is such a thing called clutch and David Ortiz is the modern day definition of it
Trot Nixon
General Manager
General Manager

Postby wrveres » Thu Dec 23, 2004 12:19 am

Trot Nixon wrote:
I don't see what your beef is with this signing of Wade Miller. The guy is not freakin Randy Johnson.. ANY TEAM COULD HAVE HAD HIM, he didn't sign for 4 years 40 million dollars, he signed 1 year 1.5 Million...That back-up first basemen salary there....here's a quote from the article
"The Red Sox were right on it from the beginning," Garber said. "They flew him to town and made him feel welcome. That's what Theo Epstein does. He makes players feel wanted, and they want to come here."
They didn't throw there checkbook around so don't hate the player, hate the game

wrveres wrote:(I will be the first to admit that 1.5 million is a steal)
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 754)

Postby Trot Nixon » Thu Dec 23, 2004 12:19 am

ajgnydc722 wrote:
wrveres wrote:Oh and I hope Jay Payton hits .187 against the AL East.

You don't need to wish for something that's already a forgone conclusion. :-b
Eh, don't like that trade to be honest with you, if Payton hits that well I'll happy
Thanks chipper!!!!

Trot Nixon
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Trot Nixon » Thu Dec 23, 2004 12:20 am

wrveres wrote:
Trot Nixon wrote:

Then whats your beef?
Thanks chipper!!!!

Trot Nixon
General Manager
General Manager

Postby thedude » Thu Dec 23, 2004 12:23 am

Trot Nixon wrote:
wrveres wrote:
Trot Nixon wrote:

Then whats your beef?

the red sox.

does any one else find this role reversal as funny as i do. For once the Yankee fans are (im not saying you are a yankee fan wrveres) excusing the bosox of buying everyone.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby wrveres » Thu Dec 23, 2004 12:32 am

Trot Nixon wrote:
wrveres wrote:
Trot Nixon wrote:

Then whats your beef?

don't get me wrong, kudos to Theo for jumping all over it. Its a situation were nobody knows what is going to happen with Wade, and Theo took the gamble. Props to him. I mean its not like any other team can just throw a million five at a player that they have absolutely no idea if they can even pitch, so lets just say I hope that Wade isn't able to participate this season, I am sick of the rich getting richer at the expense of others, and the Sox are culprit number one.
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 754)

Postby ajgnydc722 » Thu Dec 23, 2004 12:33 am

thedude wrote:
Trot Nixon wrote:
wrveres wrote:
Trot Nixon wrote:

Then whats your beef?

the red sox.

does any one else find this role reversal as funny as i do. For once the Yankee fans are (im not saying you are a yankee fan wrveres) excusing the bosox of buying everyone.

Do you mean accusing? Or excusing?

If you meant that we are accusing them of buying their players, maybe you should read again. Yankee fans are not ripping into Boston for buying players. They are borderline DEFENDING the Red Sox. You can go look at the threads if you don't believe me. The Yankees know what it's like to get ripped on this subject, and we aren't going to change our tune just because our rival is doing the same thing. When I decide to chirp in on the subject, I've said that it's not Boston's fault, it's baseball's fault.

However, I can't deny that I'm glad to see the Sox getting some grief from this after they shot around all these complaints about the Yanks for so many years... ;-)
ajgnydc722
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers