So far, which team has made the worst offseason moves? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

So far, which team has made the worst offseason moves?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

So far, which team has made the worst offseason moves?

Arizona
32%
Boston
6%
NY Mets
29%
Los Angles
13%
Oakland
18%
St. Louis
1%

Total votes : 68

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Wed Dec 22, 2004 9:06 pm

I think anyone mentioning the A's in this thread is either dumb, shortsighted, or a combination of the two. I agree that they probably could have gotten just as much at the dealine dealing Mulder and Hudson, but there was NO way they could resign either once they hit the open market, so they got what they could for them now -- which is pretty damn good young talent IMO.
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Lofunzo » Wed Dec 22, 2004 10:20 pm

Absolutely Adequate wrote:
eftda wrote:
trevisc wrote:i went with Oakland

;-D

Same here, Why in the world would you trade Hudson in the off season? Hes an ACE, look at what the M's did in 1998? They go great players for Johnson, A's could have done the same.

You mean Freddy Garcia and Carlos Guillen?

I'm willing to bet that Haren will equal Garcia's numbers when it's all said and done. Charles Thomas is every bit the prospect that Guillen ever was. Cruz ain't too bad, neither. I think the A's did fine.

Ain't you a english teacher?? :-b
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby wrveres » Wed Dec 22, 2004 10:38 pm

Lofunzo wrote:
eftda wrote:

;-D

Same here, Why in the world would you trade Hudson in the off season? Hes an ACE, look at what the M's did in 1998? They go great players for Johnson, A's could have done the same.

I'm willing to bet that Haren will equal Garcia's numbers when it's all said and done. Charles Thomas is every bit the prospect that Guillen ever was. Cruz ain't too bad, neither. I think the A's did fine.

no he got it right ...

The rule is "I" before "E" except after "N" ;-7
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 692)

Postby LBJackal » Wed Dec 22, 2004 10:45 pm

I've given up explaining the A's trades to people, if they don't get it now they never will.

IMO it comes down to the Mets and D'Backs. They'll be hurtin for a long time from the deals they made (maybe not the Mets since they can just throw more cash at whatever players they want) whereas Oakland is only getting better in the future and is now in a good position to have a great team in 2005 through 2010.

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby El Gaupo » Thu Dec 23, 2004 12:02 am

LBJackal wrote:I've given up explaining the A's trades to people, if they don't get it now they never will.

IMO it comes down to the Mets and D'Backs. They'll be hurtin for a long time from the deals they made (maybe not the Mets since they can just throw more cash at whatever players they want) whereas Oakland is only getting better in the future and is now in a good position to have a great team in 2005 through 2010.

Count me in as one of the few that like what Beane has done so far.
El Gaupo
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby reiser » Thu Dec 23, 2004 12:51 am

LBJackal wrote:I've given up explaining the A's trades to people, if they don't get it now they never will.

i trashed the Mulder trade at first, but I don't think it's so bad now that I've seen the rationale. i may not agree with it (keep Zito?!), but he did pretty well for Mulder.

I voted for the Mets though-I kind of like the DBacks picking up Glaus and Ortiz. but a 4 year contract for Pedro? and trading Kazmir for Zambrano?! i know, i know, that wasn't Minaya, but still...it sure seems like the Mets are blowing it again.
reiser
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Absolutely Adequate » Thu Dec 23, 2004 1:28 am

Lofunzo wrote:
eftda wrote:

;-D

Well, yeah. But I don't have to use proper grammar in every post, do I? Do I expect you to talk about how attractive your sister is in every post just because you're a Yankee fan?
Absolutely Adequate
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby blankman » Thu Dec 23, 2004 1:29 am

wrveres wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:
eftda wrote:

;-D

no he got it right ...

The rule is "I" before "E" except after "N" ;-7

It's after 'C" too isn't it? Ex. receive, deceit ;-)
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Rico The Retard » Thu Dec 23, 2004 2:20 am

Arizona easily IMO
fgfdsgdsfdasfd

"Hey honey, ya think KFC's still open"-Will Ferrell

Mark my words: Oliver Perez will be 2005 NL Cy Young Winner
Rico The Retard
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Lofunzo » Thu Dec 23, 2004 2:31 am

Lofunzo wrote:
eftda wrote:

;-D

Well, yeah. But I don't have to use proper grammar in every post, do I? Do I expect you to talk about how attractive your sister is in every post just because you're a Yankee fan?

I was kidding but.......huh??
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers