Why are all the LA fans ready to kill Depodesta? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Why are all the LA fans ready to kill Depodesta?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Transmogrifier » Tue Dec 21, 2004 9:50 pm

wrveres wrote:
kentx12 wrote:
It's not anger it is the truth. ESPN reported tonight that if/when they get Johnson there payroll just for Sp's will be 100 million. That is crazy. I guess if you cant win it buy it right?


8-o 8-o

are you serious ...

Thats insane ... This Madness has to stop ... is has to ..


Well, it would be:

16 for Randy
16 for Brown
10 for Pavano
11 for Vaz
8 (?) for Wright

Which is 61. Did you mean their bullpen, too?
I'm back. Sorta.

Do not boo Johnny.
Transmogrifier
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 7181
Joined: 17 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: No taxation without Representation!

Postby TheYanks04 » Tue Dec 21, 2004 9:50 pm

The Yanks should not spend their own money so that other billionaire owners can have a better chance at competing with them? That is an interesting argument to propose. Welfare for billionaires. George should pocket the 100M into his bank account so Time Warner and Glass and Pohlad can spend less and have a better chance at beating George...I see. Very interesting...let's all share the proceeds of other people's work. Let's make sure everyone gets the same amount of resources no matter how much money and effort they invest. There is a word for that philosophy, I do not think I need to say it. It is sort of on the trash heap of history. Wrong country gentlemen (football nothwithstanding).
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero


Posts: 9531
Joined: 12 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Transmogrifier » Tue Dec 21, 2004 9:54 pm

TheYanks04 wrote:The Yanks should not spend their own money so that other billionaire owners can have a better chance at competing with them? That is an interesting argument to propose. Welfare for billionaires. George should pocket the 100M into his bank account so Time Warner and Glass and Pohlad can spend less and have a better chance at beating George...I see. Very interesting...let's all share the proceeds of other people's work. Let's make sure everyone gets the same amount of resources no matter how much money and effort they invest. There is a word for that philosophy, I do not think I need to say it. It is sort of on the trash heap of history. Wrong country gentlemen (football nothwithstanding).


The last two words of your post ruined the rest of it. While baseball has struggled, the NFL has become the most popular sport in the country.
I'm back. Sorta.

Do not boo Johnny.
Transmogrifier
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 7181
Joined: 17 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: No taxation without Representation!

Postby wrveres » Tue Dec 21, 2004 9:56 pm

Transmogrifier wrote:
TheYanks04 wrote:The Yanks should not spend their own money so that other billionaire owners can have a better chance at competing with them? That is an interesting argument to propose. Welfare for billionaires. George should pocket the 100M into his bank account so Time Warner and Glass and Pohlad can spend less and have a better chance at beating George...I see. Very interesting...let's all share the proceeds of other people's work. Let's make sure everyone gets the same amount of resources no matter how much money and effort they invest. There is a word for that philosophy, I do not think I need to say it. It is sort of on the trash heap of history. Wrong country gentlemen (football nothwithstanding).


The last two words of your post ruined the rest of it. While baseball has struggled, the NFL has become the most popular sport in the country.


touche'
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
Posts: 31783
(Past Year: 692)
Joined: 2 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby kentx12 » Tue Dec 21, 2004 10:07 pm

Transmogrifier wrote:
TheYanks04 wrote:The Yanks should not spend their own money so that other billionaire owners can have a better chance at competing with them? That is an interesting argument to propose. Welfare for billionaires. George should pocket the 100M into his bank account so Time Warner and Glass and Pohlad can spend less and have a better chance at beating George...I see. Very interesting...let's all share the proceeds of other people's work. Let's make sure everyone gets the same amount of resources no matter how much money and effort they invest. There is a word for that philosophy, I do not think I need to say it. It is sort of on the trash heap of history. Wrong country gentlemen (football nothwithstanding).


The last two words of your post ruined the rest of it. While baseball has struggled, the NFL has become the most popular sport in the country.



Agreed. 1 reason for that is the balance. Anyone can make it to the playoffs and then the Super Bowl "Carolina" you dont have teams who can go out and buy every free agent they want. Baseball really needs a cap.
kentx12
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 17435
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 8 Dec 2002
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Lost

Postby TheYanks04 » Tue Dec 21, 2004 10:12 pm

If you say so.

Let's all implement the latest 5 year plan...and create a joke of a playoff scheme...keep 2/3 the league in the playoff picture to the end...adjust schedules to help out losing teams...punish those that succeed for too long...great system. Is the product better for it? You be the judge

Just because the NFL is a socialist/cmmunist entity that has managed so far to be moderately successful does not imply it is a better economic system over the long haul. History has proven that a socialist or communist system has failed in every instance imposed. Complain all you want and cry all you want. The system is what it is and the Yanks and Red Sox and any one else can spend whatever they are capable to further their aim. It guarantees nothing result-wise as the O's and Mets have repeatedly shown.

Those who complan about the Yanks money are the same people who complain that MS is too successful. How dare they make money and products people want over their competitors. It is an idiotic argument to be arguing that a socialist system is better for anyone. No team has any obligation to see to it that other franchises have an equal opportunity. Bseball is not and never has been an equal opportunity franchiser and thereisa reason why the YAnks are worth 1 B and the Brewers worth 200M give or take. You get what you pay for and you reap the rewards of successful investment on many levels.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero


Posts: 9531
Joined: 12 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Amazinz » Tue Dec 21, 2004 10:16 pm

It makes no sense to talk about baseball and throw around terms like capitalism, socialism, etc., or to compare them to MS. Do you think the San Diego Padres could pick up tomorrow and set up shop in the Bronx? No? They can't do that. These types of analogies are garbage.
Image
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 18800
Joined: 16 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: in Canada, toughening up figure skaters

Postby kentx12 » Tue Dec 21, 2004 10:20 pm

TheYanks04 wrote:If you say so.

Let's all implement the latest 5 year plan...and create a joke of a playoff scheme...keep 2/3 the league in the playoff picture to the end...adjust schedules to help out losing teams...punish those that succeed for too long...great system. Is the product better for it? You be the judge

Just because the NFL is a socialist/cmmunist entity that has managed so far to be moderately successful does not imply it is a better economic system over the long haul. History has proven that a socialist or communist system has failed in every instance imposed. Complain all you want and cry all you want. The system is what it is and the Yanks and Red Sox and any one else can spend whatever they are capable to further their aim. It guarantees nothing result-wise as the O's and Mets have repeatedly shown.

Those who complan about the Yanks money are the same people who complain that MS is too successful. How dare they make money and products people want over their competitors. It is an idiotic argument to be arguing that a socialist system is better for anyone. No team has any obligation to see to it that other franchises have an equal opportunity. Bseball is not and never has been an equal opportunity franchiser and thereisa reason why the YAnks are worth 1 B and the Brewers worth 200M give or take. You get what you pay for and you reap the rewards of successful investment on many levels.



Im really glad you took the time to type all that and I really believe you do believe it but it is not right. If yankee fans would sit back and look at baseball instead of the Yankees they would realize what a bad situation the sport is in and most of it is caused by the Yankees managment and the money they are throwing around. The biggest part of owners are not going to be able to spend like this and it is going to bring a bigger gap between the teams that can contend and the teams that cant. Now if you disagree with this fine but most people who arent Yankee fans believe it is the truth.
kentx12
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 17435
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 8 Dec 2002
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Lost

Postby beltrans_boy » Tue Dec 21, 2004 10:20 pm

TheYanks04 wrote:If you say so.

Let's all implement the latest 5 year plan...and create a joke of a playoff scheme...keep 2/3 the league in the playoff picture to the end...adjust schedules to help out losing teams...punish those that succeed for too long...great system. Is the product better for it? You be the judge

Just because the NFL is a socialist/cmmunist entity that has managed so far to be moderately successful does not imply it is a better economic system over the long haul. History has proven that a socialist or communist system has failed in every instance imposed. Complain all you want and cry all you want. The system is what it is and the Yanks and Red Sox and any one else can spend whatever they are capable to further their aim. It guarantees nothing result-wise as the O's and Mets have repeatedly shown.

Those who complan about the Yanks money are the same people who complain that MS is too successful. How dare they make money and products people want over their competitors. It is an idiotic argument to be arguing that a socialist system is better for anyone. No team has any obligation to see to it that other franchises have an equal opportunity. Bseball is not and never has been an equal opportunity franchiser and thereisa reason why the YAnks are worth 1 B and the Brewers worth 200M give or take. You get what you pay for and you reap the rewards of successful investment on many levels.


Stop trying to use big words. They make you sound like a douche-bag.
[size=10]"Men are apt to mistake the strength of their feeling for the strength of their argument." [/size]
beltrans_boy
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 3092
Joined: 15 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: crusing down the street in my six-fo'

Postby wrveres » Tue Dec 21, 2004 10:22 pm

TheYanks04 wrote: Those who complan about the Yanks money are the same people who complain that MS is too successful. How dare they make money and products people want over their competitors. It is an idiotic argument to be arguing that a socialist system is better for anyone. No team has any obligation to see to it that other franchises have an equal opportunity. Bseball is not and never has been an equal opportunity franchiser and thereisa reason why the Yanks are worth 1 B and the Brewers worth 200M give or take. You get what you pay for and you reap the rewards of successful investment on many levels.


isn't it naive to think that Microsoft put tons of companies out of business, but the Yankees aren't, or in this case "can't" because the employees won't let them go out of business?
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
Posts: 31783
(Past Year: 692)
Joined: 2 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Sunday, Oct. 26
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Kansas City at San Francisco
(8:07 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact