Reds to trade outfielder? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Reds to trade outfielder?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Tavish » Fri Dec 24, 2004 1:53 pm

Mike Wood is a decent pitcher, but he isn't much more than a #5 starter on most teams. He gets a bump up to a #4 starter on a team with the rotation like the Royals. If they could trade Dunn for Wood they would be insane not to take that. Their offense is in more disarray than their staff is.

An intimidating lineup

DeJesus
Berroa
Sweeney
Stairs/Guiel
Harvey
Nunez
Buck
Gotay/Graffanino
Truby

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 26)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Zito is God » Fri Dec 24, 2004 2:37 pm

Berroa and Buck are studs in the making. Mike Wood was one of the highly talked about minor leaguers while on the A's staff. The lineup really ain't bad if Sweeney stays healthy and harvery continues to be at least as good as he has, Guiel also has potential.

Sean Tracey has my apologies, we all know Ozzie Guillen is an idiot. I'm rooting for you!
Zito is God
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Tavish » Fri Dec 24, 2004 3:37 pm

Zito is God wrote:Berroa and Buck are studs in the making. Mike Wood was one of the highly talked about minor leaguers while on the A's staff. The lineup really ain't bad if Sweeney stays healthy and harvery continues to be at least as good as he has, Guiel also has potential.

Buck is not really a stud in the making. Expecting him to devolp more than .270/.320/.440 numbers is pretty unrealistic. He, much like Wood, is a solid but unspectacular player.

Wood being a highly talked about A's prospect is a pretty good clue of the state of the A's minor league system right now. You would be hard pressed to find any scouting report on the guy that didn't project him to be anything more than a back of the rotation starter.

I'm not exactly sure how much potential Guiel has either. A 32 year old .240/.315/.400 guy isn't real promising. If Teahan can make enough improvements to reach the roster by the All-Star break the lineup should definitely get stronger, but entering a season with one proven hitter and 10 guys with the "potential" label is a recipe for disaster. I really hope you are right though.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 26)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers