What do you guys think about Adam Eaton? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

What do you guys think about Adam Eaton?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

What do you guys think about Adam Eaton?

Postby CRedsFan » Wed Apr 23, 2003 6:59 pm

12 team, H2H league

He had a great start today,
7 IP
2 BB
5 Hits
12 K's
And a win against Kerry Wood and the Cubs

This wasn't just one good start, even though it is the best of the season for him, he has pitched solid, and what do you guys think of him? I currently have Suppan and Chacon, and am in a dilemma of how good these guys are. Think he's worth a pick-up?, Thanks in advance
CRedsFan
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby John Bonzo » Wed Apr 23, 2003 7:41 pm

he has great stuff, and yes he did have a great game today. He will have other brilliant outings and some bad ones as well. He will be inconsistent but his upside is huge.
John Bonzo
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Ben » Wed Apr 23, 2003 9:01 pm

I think he's going to be a really nice surprise. I actually drafted him in the later rounds of my draft but I had to drop him for Braden Looper later because I seriously lacked closers and had an abundance of starters. I would get him again, but he's already gone... awwww
Ben
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby R-Tehst » Wed Apr 23, 2003 9:05 pm

I picked him up off free agents befre the season started. His last few starts of last year were great, and this year he's pitched exceptionally also. Wins might not be so easy to come by tho, with him being on the Padres.
R-Tehst
College Coach
College Coach

Postby cloverhurstdawg » Wed Apr 23, 2003 9:08 pm

I've got him and I really like him. He is about two years off of Tommy John surgery which is when you really get back to form so he could continue this all season.
cloverhurstdawg
College Coach
College Coach

Postby EugeneStyles » Thu Apr 24, 2003 2:38 am

He made the Cubs look BAD today. Which may or may not be saying something, as the Cubs have looked like Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Strikeout for the past couple years. But the broadcasters were comparing him to Mark Prior the way the ball seems to explode the last 20 feet to homeplate. I wouldn't drop an established pitcher for him at this point. And choosing him over Suppan or Chacon is pretty much a toss-up. Any of those 3 pitchers could be the next coming of Nolan Ryan, or perhaps the next coming of Kip Wells, or just the next big washout.

If you have someone like, say, Ted Lilly or John Lackey crowding your bench, it's probably worth picking up Eaton. But who knows, really. !+)
EugeneStyles
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby icepak » Thu Apr 24, 2003 3:04 am

Got him in the lineup today with my Daily pitching pickups, watched him on TV, had great stuff but most importantly, got out of couple of jams. He nailed all the corners today, but I can't see him continue to get high strikeout, should be good to have this season tho.
icepak
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby HOOTIE » Fri Apr 25, 2003 11:03 am

I would take Eaton over Chacon or Suppan. Eatons really the only one who will get 8-10 k games, plus he has the best arm imo. Suppan is hot, so i wouldnt lose him. Chacon is doing well, but since hes in Coors, i would drop him. Suppan has the worst stuff of the 3, a 5.03 career era, but you cant drop a guy with a 1 era, although he wont last.
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 297)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby cincyreds » Fri Apr 25, 2003 1:53 pm

From one Reds fan to another....GET EATON!!

I picked him up and I think the Padres have something special working with him and the other starters that they have.

If their fans can be patient for 1 year the Padres have a nice rotation going with....

Eaton
Lawrence
Perez and
Peavy

Very nice!!
The BIG RED Machine will rise again.
cincyreds
Member #1000
Member #1000

Postby wrveres » Fri Apr 25, 2003 11:52 pm

cincyreds wrote:From one Reds fan to another....GET EATON!!

I picked him up and I think the Padres have something special working with him and the other starters that they have.

If their fans can be patient for 1 year the Padres have a nice rotation going with....

Eaton
Lawrence
Perez and
Peavy

Very nice!!

Oh we are patient .... I have been very quiet about these 4 . .. on purpose .. Peavy is on every team of mine ... Eaton was too much SD pitching for fantasy but I would Def pick him up if I had Chacon.
Of course I will never have a roster spot for a Col pitcher .. but that is just me..
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 687)

Return to Baseball Leftovers