Jake Peavy Projections - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Jake Peavy Projections

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby dleoboyd » Fri Dec 24, 2004 2:12 pm

I don't think the ballpark will affect his numbers all that much one way or the other. There is no doubt Peavy is talented, but he's not as good as he looked after coming back from injury last season. Here is my projection for 2005:

12-14 W, 3.57 ERA, 1.26 WHIP, 186 K, 205 IP
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit.

-Aristotle
dleoboyd
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Zito is God » Fri Dec 24, 2004 2:41 pm

His ERA is just ridiculous.

I wonder why you guys are bumping his ERA more then a full run from last season.

Sean Tracey has my apologies, we all know Ozzie Guillen is an idiot. I'm rooting for you!
Zito is God
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby mtarail » Fri Dec 24, 2004 4:01 pm

Just speaking for myself, its because I think its unrealistic to expect him to repeat last years ERA #'s. I think he'll be great, but not that unhittable. Of course, if he does finish '05 with a 2.27 ERA he'll be a top 5 pitcher.
Bluto: Over? Did you say over? NOTHING is over until WE decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? HELL, NO!
Otter: Germans?
Boon: Forget it, he's rolling.
mtarail
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Bloody Nipples » Fri Dec 24, 2004 4:05 pm

mtarail wrote:Just speaking for myself, its because I think its unrealistic to expect him to repeat last years ERA #'s. I think he'll be great, but not that unhittable. Of course, if he does finish '05 with a 2.27 ERA he'll be a top 5 pitcher.

I think it would be better than top 5 in that case. Any starter who gets any kind of Ks and wins with a 2.27 ERA would probably be the #1 pitcher.
aka enderwiggin
Bloody Nipples
General Manager
General Manager

Postby mtarail » Fri Dec 24, 2004 4:16 pm

Bloody Nipples wrote:
mtarail wrote:Just speaking for myself, its because I think its unrealistic to expect him to repeat last years ERA #'s. I think he'll be great, but not that unhittable. Of course, if he does finish '05 with a 2.27 ERA he'll be a top 5 pitcher.

I think it would be better than top 5 in that case. Any starter who gets any kind of Ks and wins with a 2.27 ERA would probably be the #1 pitcher.

True. If he repeats his '04 stats and stays healthy all year he should win the Cy.
Bluto: Over? Did you say over? NOTHING is over until WE decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? HELL, NO!
Otter: Germans?
Boon: Forget it, he's rolling.
mtarail
General Manager
General Manager

Re: so basically,

Postby shortsavage » Fri Dec 24, 2004 4:17 pm

wrveres wrote:
GreenMonsterGoon wrote:You were full of bull that an adjustment was made and spoke as if you were the GM of the Padres?

Come on dude!

whatever !!!

There was tons of talk about changes bieng made to that park, during and after the '04 season. Short was simply saying that if they did it could hurt him.

Hehe, thanks for backing me up wveres.
Mike Pelfrey > Matt Garza
shortsavage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterWeb Supporter

Postby shortsavage » Fri Dec 24, 2004 4:20 pm

mtarail wrote:
Bloody Nipples wrote:

True. If he repeats his '04 stats and stays healthy all year he should win the Cy.

I don't see why he did not get more votes in '04. He was deadly. I flew to San Diego to see him pitch twice (ok, it was coincidental, but I was very pleased).
shortsavage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterWeb Supporter

Postby Tavish » Fri Dec 24, 2004 4:26 pm

shortsavage wrote:I don't see why he did not get more votes in '04. He was deadly. I flew to San Diego to see him pitch twice (ok, it was coincidental, but I was very pleased).

He only pitched 166 innings. A full season at the rate he was pitching he definitely would have been part of the top group in the voting.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 26)

Postby shortsavage » Fri Dec 24, 2004 4:45 pm

Tavish wrote:
shortsavage wrote:I don't see why he did not get more votes in '04. He was deadly. I flew to San Diego to see him pitch twice (ok, it was coincidental, but I was very pleased).

He only pitched 166 innings. A full season at the rate he was pitching he definitely would have been part of the top group in the voting.

Yes. However, he did throw enough to win the ERA title. I thought that would be worth more than it cashed in for in the voting.
shortsavage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterWeb Supporter

Postby john gardner » Fri Dec 24, 2004 9:46 pm

The big question seems to be what sort of run support he'll get. I don't recall any big Padres signings, or did I miss something???
You never can tell...the depth of the well...by the length of the handle on the pump..
john gardner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers