Doug Davis? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Doug Davis?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby davidmarver » Mon Nov 07, 2005 2:40 pm

Music2004Man wrote:
Half Massed wrote:Doug Davis is a real solid bottom of the rotation guy. He never really blows up or hurts you anywhere and has a nice number of quality starts. I've had him the last two years and plan to get him again should he be available late.

It's interesting because even with these two quality years I still think that Davis is underrated. He could be a good value pick for another year.

And with the development of the Brewers offense, Davis could pick up an extra hand-ful of wins this next season.
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Music2004Man » Mon Nov 07, 2005 3:15 pm

davidmarver wrote:
Music2004Man wrote:
Half Massed wrote:Doug Davis is a real solid bottom of the rotation guy. He never really blows up or hurts you anywhere and has a nice number of quality starts. I've had him the last two years and plan to get him again should he be available late.

It's interesting because even with these two quality years I still think that Davis is underrated. He could be a good value pick for another year.

And with the development of the Brewers offense, Davis could pick up an extra hand-ful of wins this next season.

I agree with you here but it's so hard to predict wins from year to year. If I had to guess I would say he wins anywhere from 10-14 next year depending on his run support.
Music2004Man
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby j_d_mcnugent » Mon Nov 07, 2005 3:39 pm

Music2004Man wrote:Why do you see his K's dropping so much from last years numbers?

thats what i want to know. 166k in 2004. 208k in 2005. why are so many projecting him for just over 100k?
back from the dead
j_d_mcnugent
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby Pedantic » Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:00 pm

j_d_mcnugent wrote:
Music2004Man wrote:Why do you see his K's dropping so much from last years numbers?

thats what i want to know. 166k in 2004. 208k in 2005. why are so many projecting him for just over 100k?

Because this thread is older than Methuselah and someone just had to recycle it.
Pedantic
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers