New Kevin Brown question... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

New Kevin Brown question...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby sockeye » Sun Dec 26, 2004 5:42 pm

Thanks for the thread - found it while searching for KB info.

I do think he's a relatively high candidate for being a roid user. Not only is he in fantastic shape, but most accounts also have him as the ultracompetive personality type that that might be prone to going for every advantage possible.

Anyway, Brown hasn't really followed the normal "down" trajectory for power pitching SPs as they get past 35. My fear is that the years 02-04 might have been buoyed by roid use, thereby making us think he's capable of better things in 05 than he really is. That's the real crux of my concern, I guess - a false trajectory based on an elevated ability to recover from injury and non-inury aches during the years since 02 or so.

I like Brown a lot, and drafted him high last year. But I won;t keep him this year because I think there's a very good chane the floor is going to drop out.
sockeye
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby wrveres » Sun Dec 26, 2004 8:33 pm

Sorry Cornbread, I am not even going to get into this ... These are peoples careers and reputations that we are trashing here, all in the name of getting an edge up in a roto baseball game. ..

Its Salem all over again ..
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 660)

Postby Amazinz » Sun Dec 26, 2004 8:56 pm

wrveres wrote:Sorry Cornbread, I am not even going to get into this ... These are peoples careers and reputations that we are trashing here, all in the name of getting an edge up in a roto baseball game. ..

Agreed. We should only trash the careers and reputations of politicians... :-b
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby wrveres » Sun Dec 26, 2004 9:15 pm

Amazinz wrote:
wrveres wrote:Sorry Cornbread, I am not even going to get into this ... These are peoples careers and reputations that we are trashing here, all in the name of getting an edge up in a roto baseball game. ..

well since politicians are supposed to be representing you and I,
Asking tough questions about their careers, like say ... Did Bill Clinton lie to a jury and trample over somebodies civil rights? Seems to be alot more appropriate than speculating which guy is on PED's and which guy is not, especially when it effects nobody but the person taking the PED's ...
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Amazinz » Sun Dec 26, 2004 9:21 pm

wrveres wrote:
Amazinz wrote:

Asking tough questions about their careers, like say ... Did Bill Clinton lie to a jury and trample over somebodies civil rights? Seems to be alot more appropriate than speculating which guy is on PED's and which guy is not, especially when it effects nobody but the person taking the PED's ...

I'm just busting your chops. :-D
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby wrveres » Sun Dec 26, 2004 9:24 pm

Amazinz wrote:
wrveres wrote:
Amazinz wrote:

I'm just busting your chops. :-D

LOL, I know, I know, I know .....
Hence the Clinton example ..
Hope you had an excellent Christmas ..
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby FatGuyWithAMullet » Sun Dec 26, 2004 9:28 pm

FatGuyWithAMullet
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby rich101682 » Mon Dec 27, 2004 3:13 am

Since steroids help you recover faster, do you think that players in Colorado have slightly more of a reason to use them? After all, I hear that the hardest part of playing there is getting your body to recover from all that work in the thin air.
rich101682
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 53)

Postby Pacman » Mon Dec 27, 2004 9:06 am

FatGuyWithAMullet wrote:Image

BTW -- love the witch trials references! I happen to live one town over from historic Salem, Mass... a very cool and interesting place to visit if you're ever up this way.

My advice, stay away from the goofy "commercial" witch attractions, which are lame tourist traps. Focus on the legitimate historical stops, like Nathanial Hawthorne's House of Seven Gabels (the REAL house, that is) and the Salem Witch Museum. Also the Peabody Essex Institute Museum in downtown Salem is good stop.

;-D
Pacman
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers