Unit trade dead? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Unit trade dead?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby eftda » Fri Dec 17, 2004 12:51 pm

Cold Pizza on ESPN 2 said the deal will (If it does in fact fall apart) fall apart before Decemeber 31st
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby TheYanks04 » Fri Dec 17, 2004 12:58 pm

Dodgers may go after Delgado to replace Green, which would be a huge improvement IMO. No one knows for sure though. Green is hardly a tremendous offensive force at this point, so it is not like they would belosing Manny Ramirez.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby eftda » Fri Dec 17, 2004 1:02 pm

TheYanks04 wrote:Dodgers may go after Delgado to replace Green, which would be a huge improvement IMO. No one knows for sure though. Green is hardly a tremendous offensive force at this point, so it is not like they would belosing Manny Ramirez.

If the trade doesn't work, maybe the Deal could be done but with the Red Sox.

Manny to the Dodgers
Unit to the Red Sox
Green and (Player TBA) to the Dimondbacks
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Area51's » Fri Dec 17, 2004 1:02 pm

TheYanks04 wrote:Dodgers may go after Delgado to replace Green, which would be a huge improvement IMO. No one knows for sure though. Green is hardly a tremendous offensive force at this point, so it is not like they would belosing Manny Ramirez.

VERY VERY True.....Not sure what happened to Greenie, but Delgado is a HUGE upgrade....still hate not getting money for Vazquez, losing two good pitchers, AND still not holding onto Odalis.
Area51's
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby TheYanks04 » Fri Dec 17, 2004 1:05 pm

eftda wrote:

If the trade doesn't work, maybe the Deal could be done but with the Red Sox.

Manny to the Dodgers
Unit to the Red Sox
Green and (Player TBA) to the Dimondbacks

It is no secret RJ dislikes Schilling and has only agreed to waive his NTC to the Yanks. I think any deal to the Red Sox is basically a non-starter unless RJ changes his mind.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby j_d_mcnugent » Fri Dec 17, 2004 2:43 pm

big stein wants the big unit. some how, some way it will get done. maybe it wont involve the dodgers, maybe it will involve a 4th team, but i think unit will be in NY.
back from the dead
j_d_mcnugent
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby Area51's » Fri Dec 17, 2004 2:49 pm

can't argue with that! RJ wants to be in pinstripes......NY wants him in pinstripes......it will get done sometime I'm betting
Area51's
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby ajgnydc722 » Fri Dec 17, 2004 3:58 pm

Transmogrifier wrote:If I were Green, I would likely use my NTC. Why would I want to go to Arizona?

Also, seems this deal was done before Beltre went to Seattle and LA is now concerned about losing too much offense, although that doesn't make all that much sense since they have free cash now.

Because Dodger Stadium has done nothing to help his power numbers, and this is his contract year. By going to Arizona, he will boost up his numbers and will have a better lineup hitting around him (Glaus, Gonzo, etc.).

Moving to ARI could get him a few extra bucks come next offseason.
ajgnydc722
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Tony Clark is my son » Fri Dec 17, 2004 4:10 pm

This trade makes great sense to the Yankees and D-Backs, and possibly to the Dodgers...

For them, it's questionable. Green is slipping, an can be replaced by a FA (Delgado? Alou?) not to mention Kent and Bradley are still on the team. The Dodgers should use this oppurtunity to rid themselves of Green, gain Vazquez (who should pull a Jeff Weaver and thrive in LA) and sign one of the remaining FAs. Few of them are amazing, but many of them are better than Green.

Green could go to ARI because LA is hitter's hell. He says he's happy in southern CA, but Arizona isn't exactly the same as France.
Tony Clark is my son
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Mookie4ever » Fri Dec 17, 2004 4:13 pm

Can you imagine how tall RJ would look in pinstripes?
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 277)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers