Mock draft from mlb.com - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Mock draft from mlb.com

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby LBJackal » Fri Dec 17, 2004 1:32 am

sisyphus wrote:I thought that was pretty clear. You went off about how several third basemen were better, or at least as good as A-Rod

Quite clear? About as clear as mud. When did I say anything like that? I said he was the #1 1B, I never said another 3B should be drafted ahead of him.

And how am I going off the subject? I said don't worry about how I rank the players, and honestly I don't want tou to worry, it'll just lead to more of these posts. Now you call taht being compelled to change the subjecT? I'm standing by everything I said, do you want me to repeat it in every post to satisfy your need of me holding my position?

Just drop it, this is going nowhere.

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby sisyphus » Fri Dec 17, 2004 1:34 am

You are absolutely right. The issue is that the difference between A-Rod and other 3rd basemen is still larger than the player you might take instead and his peers. Either way you cut it he is still no worse than top 5.
sisyphus
College Coach
College Coach

Postby sisyphus » Fri Dec 17, 2004 1:37 am

LB, your right, you never said another third basemen should be taken ahead of A-Rod. That would be silly. However, you were arguing that he is a low 1st round or 2nd round pick. My point was that is also silly.
sisyphus
College Coach
College Coach

Postby LBJackal » Fri Dec 17, 2004 2:20 am

sisyphus wrote:LB, your right, you never said another third basemen should be taken ahead of A-Rod. That would be silly. However, you were arguing that he is a low 1st round or 2nd round pick. My point was that is also silly.

I said 10th overall. Jeez, it's not like I said take him in the 3rd round. You're making a mountain out of a mole hill.

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby ukrneal » Fri Dec 17, 2004 3:58 am

Santana - I'm not convinced this is too high. He really has been starting for 1.5 years (not just the one). Also, I like how the Twins have generally brought him along slowly and not rushed him (like Prior). He has amazing stuff and will be a top SP for years if he stays healthy. SO really, taking a risk on him at #5 isn't so risky. Frankly, taking any pitcher in the first round is a risk, but this guy has the goods to give the reward too!
ukrneal
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Madison » Fri Dec 17, 2004 12:17 pm

The most noticeable thing for me is that this was a 10 team mock and third basemen went flying off the board. 5 of them in the first 3 rounds? 3B is stacked. No need to jump to get one that fast. 3B will be the least of my worries next year.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby thedude » Sat Dec 18, 2004 12:55 am

i always laugh and cry for joy when some jerk takes jeter in the first three rounds. i then offer this man matt clement and Loretta for vlad...
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby PresHabib » Sat Dec 18, 2004 7:47 pm

raiders_umpire wrote:i cant believe tejada fell to 14..... that is more shocking to me than sheets at 11 or aramis at 30........i figured on tejada being a lock for top 8 in almost all leagues due to position and the year he had.....

I agree...much too late...in all honesty, I want to put Tejada as my number 1 overall guy...pretty good offense around him, 150 rbi most in mlb last year, and he's a shortstop unlike ARod, and hes healthy, unlike Nomar, and he doesn't bad leadoff in an order, unlike Jeter. Of the big shortstops hes the only one worth anything anymore...after that you drop off to the likes of renteria and cabrera and carlos guillen but i don't want to wait until the 8th round for a SS...i know you all will say pujols at number one and i can't argue, but...if for no better reason than position scarcity, i want to say tejada should be number 1.

some very shady picks in that draft though. Sheets at 11? Yikes!
Rest in peace Mitch Hedberg. I name my fantasy team "Buoyancy of Citrus", in your honor.
1968-2005
PresHabib
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby bigken117 » Sat Dec 18, 2004 11:16 pm

The only pick you can't argue with there is Pujols.

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 248)

Postby Pogotheostrich » Wed Feb 16, 2005 3:27 pm

I know this is old but today is the first day I actually took a look at this mock. Tejada at 14 (too low) and I-Rod at 15 (too high) stick out but what really shocks me is that Ichiro wasn't taken in the top 30.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 389)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers