Mock draft from mlb.com - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Mock draft from mlb.com

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby colt4523 » Fri Dec 17, 2004 1:06 am

I took at look at the draft and here are some of my thoughts:

Santana: too early-one year does not make a top 5 pick; should go right around were schmidt went
RJ: a little too early, but in all my leagues he tends to go real high
Sheets: way too early, again one year does not make a stud, plus he plays for a crappy team in a league that gives points for wins and (-) for losses, that really hurts.
Chavez: should go before beltre for sure. It seems like there is way too much emphasis on last years stats. How about all the crappy years beltre had before last?
Pudge: no way he should go this early
Lidge: too early, I would still take Rivera before him
Dunn: too early

The rest looks pretty good[/b]
colt4523
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2697
(Past Year: 83)
Joined: 19 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: michigan

Postby LBJackal » Fri Dec 17, 2004 1:10 am

sisyphus wrote:LB, It's pretty clear you don't like A-Rod. Me thinks you have a bias. I don't like his lip-stick wearing, ass either. However, he is top 5 without a doubt. There are plenty of good 3b out there, but none that put up the power numbers he does. And Adrian "Walk Year" Beltre does not count.


Chavez and Rolen don't count? They will be around the same power numbers as A-Rod. And A-Rods dozen or so SB's will make him the #1 3B. I'm not biased, why would I care about A-Rod?

And as for the Soriano and A-Rod comparison - Soriano's SB's dropped because Texas doesn't run. I don't think that will change. His HR I can see getting back up around 40 though. A-Rod had a spike in SB's partly because NY lets him run, and partly fluke IMO. SB's decline alot faster than any other stat, starting at age 24. I don't see A-Rod getting 20 SB's this year - if that makes me biased somehow, then I guess I'm biased.
Image

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 9196
Joined: 1 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The Hotel Yorba

Postby sisyphus » Fri Dec 17, 2004 1:15 am

When Chavez and or Rolen hit 45+ HR come talk to me. Until then you are living in a dream world.
sisyphus
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 282
Joined: 4 Nov 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Utah

Postby LBJackal » Fri Dec 17, 2004 1:16 am

sisyphus wrote:When Chavez and or Rolen hit 45+ HR come talk to me. Until then you are living in a dream world.


Well if we're playing fantasy based on previous seasons, sure A-Rod is #1 overall. Unfortunately players progress, they switch teams, and they get older.
Image

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 9196
Joined: 1 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The Hotel Yorba

Postby sisyphus » Fri Dec 17, 2004 1:19 am

One relatively down season does not make a trend. And if that is the argument then Chavez is definetly out of the conversation. That would leave Rolen, a nice player, but not A-Rod.
sisyphus
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 282
Joined: 4 Nov 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Utah

Postby LBJackal » Fri Dec 17, 2004 1:22 am

sisyphus wrote:One relatively down season does not make a trend. And if that is the argument then Chavez is definetly out of the conversation. That would leave Rolen, a nice player, but not A-Rod.


Chavez had a good year last year, how does that leave him out of the equation? He hit lefties very well, showed more power, and posted his career high in OPS.

Why don't you worry about your rankings instead of complaining about mine? If you want A-Rod in the top 3 take him there.
Image

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 9196
Joined: 1 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The Hotel Yorba

Postby sisyphus » Fri Dec 17, 2004 1:23 am

Maybe I will, but don't make blanket statements and then get pissed when you find they have large holes in them.
sisyphus
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 282
Joined: 4 Nov 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Utah

Postby LBJackal » Fri Dec 17, 2004 1:23 am

sisyphus wrote:Maybe I will, but don't make blanket statements and then get pissed when you find they have large holes in them.


Huh?
Image

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 9196
Joined: 1 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The Hotel Yorba

Postby sisyphus » Fri Dec 17, 2004 1:27 am

I thought that was pretty clear. You went off about how several third basemen were better, or at least as good as A-Rod, then when its clear your position is more than questionable, you tell me to worry about my own rankings. That seems to me that you know you are wrong and for some reason are compelled to go off subject to cover yourself.
sisyphus
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 282
Joined: 4 Nov 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Utah

Postby Amazinz » Fri Dec 17, 2004 1:30 am

sisyphus wrote:One relatively down season does not make a trend. And if that is the argument then Chavez is definetly out of the conversation. That would leave Rolen, a nice player, but not A-Rod.

If you take a look at the players available in the first round and compare them to the players available at those positions in the 2nd round, the margin is smaller at 3B than any other position (unless you're predicting a career year). This isn't a knock against Arod, it's just the way the league is this year. Most people will ignore this and draft Arod high just because.
Image
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 18800
Joined: 16 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: in Canada, toughening up figure skaters

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

cron
Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact