Puzzling, as I thought I had drafted a good team......HELP! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Puzzling, as I thought I had drafted a good team......HELP!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Puzzling, as I thought I had drafted a good team......HELP!

Postby hooligan1 » Wed Apr 23, 2003 3:09 pm

I thought I would be competitive and I know it's still early but, c'mon. Take a look at this team and tell me if you think it looks like a last-place team.....cause that's what it is.

Yahoo 10-team league, roto scoring
C-1B-2B-3B-SS-OF-OF-OF-UT
P-P-P-P-P-P
B-B-B-B-B

R-2B-HR-RBI-SB-K-E-AVG-OBP
W-L-S-K-HD-ERA-WHIP

C- Mike Piazza
1B-John Olerud
2B-Ray Durham
3B-Eric Chavez
SS-Edgar Rentaria
OF-Vlad Guerrero
OF-Chipper Jones
OF-Vernon Wells
UT-Brad Fullmer

SP-Jason Schmidt
SP-Roy Halladay
SP-Jeff Weaver
SP-Ramon Ortiz
SP-Tomo Ohka
SP-Brian Lawrence

RP-Mike Williams
RP-Jose Jimenez
RP-Braden Looper
RP-Dave Weathers
RP-Damaso Marte

Just picked up Fullmer off waivers and traded Konerko to get Weaver.....Thinking about picking up Alex Sanchez...? I like him; what do you guys think? Just made a trade offer: Wells and Lawrence for Torii Hunter and Vincente Padilla......Don't know if he'll go for it or not. Does it sound fair....?

Again, I know it's still early and I'm trying not to panic, but it's so frustrating watching this team I thought could be above average to very good in almost every catagory just continue to sputter along day after day.....

Any input is appreciated.....Thanks!
Hooligan1
hooligan1
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Uumm, micro-managing my fantasy baseball teams. Where else?

Postby Guest » Wed Apr 23, 2003 6:24 pm

Not sure why your team is in last either. I like your offense. Could use another top reliever. I don't think you really need Sanchez and your trade offer is fair.

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby BoSox2003 » Wed Apr 23, 2003 6:54 pm

I think you have very good bats, and i agree with the fact that you may need another top reilver....I think the most important thing for you to handle is to pick up a pitcher who will get you some W's. Halladay is a great pitcher, but hes on a club that won't pick up the wins. i would try to trade Halladay for a SP on a better club.

As for the trade, i think its fair, as that if you can get it, hunter is good, but not a huge step up from wells.
BoSox2003
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby kingman2003 » Wed Apr 23, 2003 7:26 pm

i just posted a reply but i don't think it went through. the short of it was that, yes, the jays are a mediocre team, but this is b/c their staff is mediocre. if halladay gets quality starts, he'll do fine b/c the jays have a good lineup.
kingman2003
College Coach
College Coach

Trade considerations

Postby Guest Rip » Wed Apr 23, 2003 10:26 pm

I'm a little torn on how to comment on your trade... Right now Wells is outperforming Hunter on all planes. Lawrence for Padilla is pretty fair. Phils put up more runs than S.D. and both guys pitch equally well.. So thats up to you.

Piazza will come around, he already has begun so that should help you out in both power categories and average. I think you should hang in there with the offense.

Consider picking up a better reliever.. Look into Johann Santana or K-Rod if they're still available.. They won't get you saves but they're great for K's and low ERA and WHIP.

Hope this helps.
Guest Rip

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team