Say Hello To The Cards New Backup Catcher - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Say Hello To The Cards New Backup Catcher

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Wed Dec 15, 2004 9:27 pm

Pacman wrote:
Tony Clark is my son wrote: what's worth talking about is the ability of Yadier Molina

I have a question -- anyone know what Yadier Molina and Manny Ramirez were arguing about during that one Manny at-bat in the World Series? I NEVER heard any discussion about it. At the time, i thought maybe he was accusing Manny of looking back trying to steal signs. Anyone know?

Stealing signs is the only thing I could come up with from what you could see on TV. :-? As for Moilina, I think another year under Matheny would have done him a lot of good, but he already handles the staff pretty well for a young catcher and what he lacks defensively compared to Matheny he makes up for with a little more offense. I wouldn't consider him a viable option fantasy wise though.
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby j_d_mcnugent » Wed Dec 15, 2004 9:38 pm

Pacman wrote:
Tony Clark is my son wrote: what's worth talking about is the ability of Yadier Molina

I have a question -- anyone know what Yadier Molina and Manny Ramirez were arguing about during that one Manny at-bat in the World Series? I NEVER heard any discussion about it. At the time, i thought maybe he was accusing Manny of looking back trying to steal signs. Anyone know?

rumor has it yadi told him if he kept stealing signs he would get one in the ear, or something to that effect.

molina can handle the staff and the pitchers all say good things about him. he is pretty good defensively. offensively he is adequate--better than he gets credit for but shouldnt be on your fantasy roster in a mixed league.

as for barton its too early to say. they will leave him at catcher for the moment but unless he gets traded his future is probably in the outfield. he may have been outfield bound regardless of molina's status.
back from the dead
j_d_mcnugent
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers