Delgado - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Delgado

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Delgado

Postby killiansjmd » Wed Dec 15, 2004 10:10 am

Mets up their offer to 3 years $40 million for Delgado. Even though Shea isn't a great hitters park I think Delagdo can hit anywhere. Mets really could use a big lefty bat in their lineup.

Do you guys think the Mets have a shot? and does the signing of Pedro help us land Delgado?
killiansjmd
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby TheYanks04 » Wed Dec 15, 2004 10:16 am

Whoever pays the most will land Delgado. 13.3 M a year?...too much IMO. The market has gone totally insane.

I do not think any player is going to sign with the Mets because Pedro is there. They are not considered contenders with or without him.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby trevisc » Wed Dec 15, 2004 10:20 am

Wow..why don't the Mets go after younger guys like Sexson or Pavano. Why do they always have to sign the guys who's best years are behind them. I think that's too much cash to offer up for Delgado but I don't think it would deminish his fantasy value if he does sign with the Mets.
trevisc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
Location: Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2004,2005 Keeper League Champion

Postby Dawgpound 1613 » Wed Dec 15, 2004 10:26 am

trevisc wrote:Wow..why don't the Mets go after younger guys like Sexson or Pavano. Why do they always have to sign the guys who's best years are behind them. I think that's too much cash to offer up for Delgado but I don't think it would deminish his fantasy value if he does sign with the Mets.

Little brother complex. With Bowden in DC, the Marlins letting their best players go or trading them, and the Mets ineptitude, the Braves and Phillies will be battling for the division for the next few years, at least. Sort of like the Sox and Yankees in the AL East.
Dawgpound 1613
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Location: \Lo*ca"tion\, n. 1. The act or process of locating. 2. Situation; place; locality.

Postby TheYanks04 » Wed Dec 15, 2004 10:28 am

Phils have no pitching. And as of right now, the Braves don't look too hot in that department either.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Danimal » Wed Dec 15, 2004 10:40 am

The graveyard for over-the-hill, over-paid superstars is getting crowded. The Yankee's might blow a lot of money, but at least they have something to show for it. Mets management is on crack!

;-D
Danimal
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby TheYanks04 » Wed Dec 15, 2004 10:43 am

At least after next season, we will be down to one overpaid, over the hill waste of food...Giambi. And with any type of luck, he either takes a buyout or gets his contract voided.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby kentx12 » Wed Dec 15, 2004 11:01 am

The Mets will be awful in a couple years and will be so tied up in overpriced players they will be dead last in the division again.
kentx12
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Amazinz » Wed Dec 15, 2004 11:25 am

Hey, I like Sexson but you guys aren't going to actual sit here and compare them are you? Please. Get real. There isn't a comparison between Sexson and Delgado. And all this crying about the Mets is hilarious.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby TheYanks04 » Wed Dec 15, 2004 11:29 am

Who is crying? As far as a I am concerned your ownership and management have done great service to the Yankee cause so far this off-season (the Benson deal not withstanding). Now if you do not mind, could you go sign Orlando Cabrera and Matt Clement?
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers