Blue Jays - 2005 Preview - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Blue Jays - 2005 Preview

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Mookie4ever » Tue Dec 14, 2004 2:24 pm

trevisc wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:You're right but that was only at the very end of the season as a test. He only got 2 saves and they decided to keep him as a starter and crown Peterson the closer of the future.

interesting. Thanks for the 411

No problem. Just remember that Peterson sucked big time above AA last year and most people (except for JP) don't think that he can make it as a closer. My money is on Frasor.

How about a Braves preview Trev. I've got Larry in my NL-only keeper. I think that he can bounce back but I need a professional opinion. Who will Mazzone rebuild this year????
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 261)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby trevisc » Tue Dec 14, 2004 3:05 pm

The Braves have hardly any money to spend and really aren't going to be that different in 2005. We added Julio Franco back for 1b platoon duty but other then that I don't see any other suprises unless they happen via trade. I'd love for Millwood to come back for the $5 million that the Braves offered him.

As for Chipper here is a nice article I just read:
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=c ... type=story

I'd like to see Chucky T be the full time Left Fielder and there is Talk that Marte or Ryan Langerhans will have a shot at taking over the RF job if we don't get another OF via Trade/Free agency.

That's about all I know..
trevisc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
Location: Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2004,2005 Keeper League Champion

Postby Baseballer02 » Tue Dec 14, 2004 4:05 pm

The Koskie prediction seems pretty ambitious, Mookie. How did you come up with those stats? :-?
Baseballer02
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby Mookie4ever » Tue Dec 14, 2004 4:32 pm

Baseballer02 wrote:The Koskie prediction seems pretty ambitious, Mookie. How did you come up with those stats? :-?

These are just my projections. Koskie is going to be hitting in a better lineup than he had with Minny. The Jays will not be as offensively talented as 2 years ago but they will be a lot better than last year. The HR my be a little optimistic but I think that he will see a lot of good pitches. The rbis are pretty conservative though. When he played a full year in 2001 he hit over a hundred. I see Koskie batting a lot from the fifth spot behind Wells and Rios, who will get on base a lot and either right in front of or right behind Clark, assuming that he is signed.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 261)

Postby Pokeyouindaeye » Tue Dec 14, 2004 4:40 pm

Wow, I'm somewhat of a Jays fan, but with a lineup like that, I can't possibly see anything good coming out of Toronto. Something makes me think that team would be the 2003 Tigers in a hitter's stadium rather than comerica...

Other than Halladay and Wells, I can't see drafting anybody else off that team. I might pick up Lilly really late because he's a great spot starter.
Yes, I was, uh... I was thinking about ordering the tape, the videotape... about the college girls and the... the wild... the wildness. They're going wild or something? Somebody told me... about going wild.
-Larry David
Pokeyouindaeye
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 6)

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Tue Dec 14, 2004 4:41 pm

Hey, don't the BlueJays have their own forum? :-? ;-7
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker

Re: Blue Jays - 2005 Preview

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Tue Dec 14, 2004 5:30 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:So Tiger fans - can you give us a sense of what to look for this yr with the team you project they will have? Maybe a lineup and rotation?

Mookie, I started working on this project but came to the conclusion that too much is still up in the air right now.

I do appreciate your preliminary look at the Jays though - good stuff.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby kimchi_chigae » Tue Dec 14, 2004 6:06 pm

okay! blue jays! let's play ball! :-D

hey mookie. how about one of my favorite players, mr reed johnson? if he could only hit against righties... :,-( are the jays thinking about not playing reed in the OF in 2005?

i'd also bet on frasor to be the closer next season. i think he just got tired later in the year and couldn't get anybody out.
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 194)

Postby El Gaupo » Tue Dec 14, 2004 6:57 pm

It was rumored in the past couple of weeks that Rios might be part of a trade. Is this still the case?
El Gaupo
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby tlef316 » Tue Dec 14, 2004 7:01 pm

nice work for the most part, but there is no way tony "swing and a miss" clark his 27 dingers. The guy is a good defensive player, but he swings from his heels and strikes out alot. The guy was an automatic out late in the year and in the post season. You can have him for nothing as far as im concerned
welcome home andy
tlef316
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers