For what the mets are paying pedro, they can take him!! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

For what the mets are paying pedro, they can take him!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

For what the mets are paying pedro, they can take him!!

Postby Spiegs1106 » Mon Dec 13, 2004 9:38 pm

enough said...ALL METS FANS, YOU HAVE PEDRO TILL HE'S 37....i think the chances of him lasting till then is 5%

too bad for u guys
Spiegs1106
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Tavish » Mon Dec 13, 2004 9:43 pm

I feel real sorry for them. The most dominant pitcher in the majors for the next 4 seasons. Such a pity. :,-(

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 70)

Postby Amazinz » Mon Dec 13, 2004 9:43 pm

Interesting opinion but there's already a thread on this so your spam wasn't neccesary. ;-D
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Spiegs1106 » Mon Dec 13, 2004 9:45 pm

being a red sox fan, I respect what Pedro has done for us. But I went through a time when pedro was just a burden and If the mets want him for 4 years they can take him. They wasted money
Spiegs1106
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby LBJackal » Mon Dec 13, 2004 9:45 pm

Tavish wrote:I feel real sorry for them. The most dominant pitcher in the majors for the next 4 seasons. Such a pity. :,-(

Most dominant pre 2004. He's clearly not the pitcher he once was. There's lots of pitchers I'd take over him for the next 4 years.

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby El Gaupo » Mon Dec 13, 2004 9:47 pm

The 3rd and 4th year of Pedro's deal are the real killer. Too bad they don't have Kazmir.... :-D
El Gaupo
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Tavish » Mon Dec 13, 2004 9:53 pm

LBJackal wrote:
Tavish wrote:I feel real sorry for them. The most dominant pitcher in the majors for the next 4 seasons. Such a pity. :,-(

Most dominant pre 2004. He's clearly not the pitcher he once was. There's lots of pitchers I'd take over him for the next 4 years.

Based on last season alone then yes there might be a couple of pitchers I would rather have for the next 4 years. This is also a pitcher coming of 6 of the most dominating seasons in the history of baseball. He wasn't just the best, he was head and shoulders above the rest. I guess if he is only a normal dominating pitcher the Mets will have been screwed over.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 70)

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Mon Dec 13, 2004 9:57 pm

Tavish wrote:
LBJackal wrote:

Based on last season alone then yes there might be a couple of pitchers I would rather have for the next 4 years. This is also a pitcher coming of 6 of the most dominating seasons in the history of baseball. He wasn't just the best, he was head and shoulders above the rest. I guess if he is only a normal dominating pitcher the Mets will have been screwed over.

I agree with Tav on this one. Just look at his numbers for the last 4-5-6 years, they are pretty good. Will he strike out 250? No probably not. Will he win the Cy Young? Maybe, but I doubt it. But he's still a dominating pitcher.
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby El Gaupo » Mon Dec 13, 2004 10:00 pm

Tavish wrote:
LBJackal wrote:

Pedro has not been able to pitch much more than 100 pitches a game for the past 3 seasons. Essentially becoming a 6 inning pitcher. Add to that shoulder issues and you have a very risky and expensive contract on your hands. The sox made the smart play and let him go
El Gaupo
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby DK » Mon Dec 13, 2004 10:05 pm

El Gaupo wrote:
Tavish wrote:
LBJackal wrote:

Pedro has not been able to pitch much more than 100 pitches a game for the past 3 seasons. Essentially becoming a 6 inning pitcher. Add to that shoulder issues and you have a very risky and expensive contract on your hands. The sox made the smart play and let him go

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=87787
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers