expanding leagues - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

expanding leagues

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

expanding leagues

Postby jrad32 » Mon Dec 13, 2004 8:14 pm

Our 10-team, MLB universe, keeper (can keep 5-9 off 25 man roster with prices increasing $5 every year they are kept), 5x5, auction ($260 in total salaries per team) league is ramping up to 12 owners for next season. We've already done an expansion draft, but I'm wondering about the impact of going to 12 teams.

Have any of you guys expanded a league, and if so what resulted in terms of salaries? Did the addition of two more teams drive prices up for players by a lot?

The highest price player we've had at the auction in five years of play was ARod for $56(last year). Some of the other salaries from last year's auction included Bonds $46, Guerrero $49, Unit $39, Abreu $36, Hudson $30, Kornerko $20, Maddux $10, Pavano $3. Do you think salaries will go up appreciably?
Let's go Mets!
jrad32
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Tavish » Mon Dec 13, 2004 8:23 pm

The price will likely rise somewhat for premium players because... well they are at more of a premium. Mid-tier prices won't really change all that much other than some players will be considered mid-tier that were used as roster fill last season.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 23)

Postby jrad32 » Mon Dec 13, 2004 8:33 pm

Yeah we are going to have to go deeper in the draft, but nowhere near as deep as the AL NL only leagues so I guess I shouldn't complain.
Let's go Mets!
jrad32
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Dawgpound 1613 » Mon Dec 13, 2004 8:49 pm

In general, salaries will go up. However, based on some of the values you've given, I'd see the salaries in the upper players ticking up slightly, whereas the middle-class players will be the ones seeing the higher % increases.

You've added $520 in salary, but you're looking at players 251-300. Those 50 players won't give you $520 in value. But you still need to follow the 75-80% rule, and based on these prices, if the elite players go up much more than they already are at, you should be able to find some bargains in the middle-tier of players.
Dawgpound 1613
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Location: \Lo*ca"tion\, n. 1. The act or process of locating. 2. Situation; place; locality.

Return to Baseball Leftovers