100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Chone Figgins news

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Chone Figgins news

Postby SHOCKandAWE » Mon Dec 13, 2004 6:40 pm

12-13-04

Chone Figgins (2B) Ana
Angels manager Mike Scioscia said Chone Figgins will enter spring training as the starting second baseman while Adam Kennedy spends the first month or two of the season recovering from knee surgery, according to the LA Times.

My question would be does anyone think if he is hot during this time will Scioscia stay with Figgins?

Sounds to me that Kennedy will be the likely starter once he comes back and knock Figgins back to the bench if the Angels lineup stay healthy.

Is he worth keeping for $10?
SHOCKandAWE
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Mon Dec 13, 2004 6:42 pm

Well he should get hist 2B eligibility back for '05/'06, but that's about all that's certain now. I guess it doesn't do much good if he's not getting the PT. As a side note, is Kennedy really that much better than Figgins? I don't get to see the Angels that much so I don't get to see him everyday. :-?
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby jrad32 » Mon Dec 13, 2004 6:48 pm

To me Figgins is much better than Kennedy. My thought is I wouldn't keep Figs for $10, but I'd think about getting him back at the draft.

If he gets the first month or two in at 2B and does well, there is a very real chance one of the Angels other fragile players gets hurt opening the door for more Chone time. G. Anderson could easily go down, and McPhearson might not work out at 3B.
Let's go Mets!
jrad32
College Coach
College Coach

Postby stumpak » Mon Dec 13, 2004 6:57 pm

Agree with previous poster--between McPherson and an OF injury, odds are better than even that there will be a job for Figgins when Kennedy comes back. But if you are talking about keeping, I can see how would want the odds more toward 100%.
stumpak
General Manager
General Manager

Postby kimchi_chigae » Mon Dec 13, 2004 8:15 pm

those are certainly good news for figgins. however even if figgs plays great in the first month, i believe the angels will play kennedy when he comes back. it's kinda tough to predict who will get injured, other than austin kearns :-b , but i see a chance for figgins to play, maybe not everyday, but play enough to lead the team in stolen bases.

as for keeping him at $10...don't think u can afford to keep him at that price with PT issues.
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 194)

Postby raiders_umpire » Mon Dec 13, 2004 8:59 pm

dont keep him at that price, but i would try to get him back in the draft......
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby trevisc » Mon Dec 13, 2004 11:00 pm

that's a tough choice for you to make. I think either way he will have some value but I wouldn't want him for $10 unless he is going to remain a starter. I'd probably pass and try to draft someone else for the $10 and see if he's available later on.
trevisc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
Location: Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2004,2005 Keeper League Champion

Postby bronxxbomber » Tue Dec 14, 2004 1:30 am

I think kennedy is a fine defensive 2b and a solid hitter. It'd suprise me if they bench up his return. I'm rooting Super Utility Man to take Eckstein job because he's crap.
Who says I can't be a Yankees and Mets fan???
bronxxbomber
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Lofunzo » Tue Dec 14, 2004 1:31 am

Figgins is a nice utility guy to have on your roster but not at that price. :-?
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby matmat » Tue Dec 14, 2004 5:59 am

bronxxbomber wrote:I think kennedy is a fine defensive 2b and a solid hitter. It'd suprise me if they bench up his return. I'm rooting Super Utility Man to take Eckstein job because he's crap.

i think eckstein is holding on to the SS spot as the team mascot, I swear, there is no other reason for him to be playing there.
Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he'll drown because you forgot to teach him to swim.
[url=http://www.indra.com/8ball/front.html]Invaluable Fantasy Baseball Resource[/url]
matmat
General Manager
General Manager

Return to Baseball Leftovers