WSCR - Sox get Podsednik/Vizcaino for Carlos Lee - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

WSCR - Sox get Podsednik/Vizcaino for Carlos Lee

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby trevisc » Mon Dec 13, 2004 11:08 pm

I'm liking the Speed that this brings to the Chisox. Too bad they'll be missing a lot of pop this year though.
trevisc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2004,2005 Keeper League Champion

Postby Lofunzo » Tue Dec 14, 2004 12:11 am

slomo007 wrote:I would imagine there is more to this deal...like perhaps Milwaukee taking Carlos's contract?

Isn't that usually what happens?? When you trade for a player, you assume their contract unless another arrangement is made.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 18)

Postby slomo007 » Tue Dec 14, 2004 12:15 am

Lofunzo wrote:
slomo007 wrote:I would imagine there is more to this deal...like perhaps Milwaukee taking Carlos's contract?

Isn't that usually what happens?? When you trade for a player, you assume their contract unless another arrangement is made.

Sorry, I worded that poorly. I meant that I wasn't sure if Carlos's contract was high and Pod's contract was low (I later found out this is true), so I meant that CWS would be getting the monetary advantage.

Good attention to detail though. ;-D
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby tiger spit » Tue Dec 14, 2004 1:58 am

i'd list pods as one of the most overated players in baseball.

his robust 240 avg has "star" written all over it.
oh yeah that avg does wonders to your overall team avg.
:-t
im not a big fan of his either but at least lee hit above 300 and had about 30 hrs. was solid all way around..

note: im sure someone will mention those 70 steals but they come at a price. a 240 price.
tiger spit
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Tue Dec 14, 2004 2:02 am

maloze wrote:i'd list pods as one of the most overated players in baseball.

his robust 240 avg has "star" written all over it.
oh yeah that avg does wonders to your overall team avg.
:-t
im not a big fan of his either but at least lee hit above 300 and had about 30 hrs. was solid all way around..

note: im sure someone will mention those 70 steals but they come at a price. a 240 price.

I agree with everything you said there. ;-D
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby LBJackal » Tue Dec 14, 2004 2:46 am

BigLebowski wrote:
Zito is God wrote:This is EXTREMELY biased:

Ok, I hate the deal, this probobly hurts me the most out of all the deals made this offseason. Pdsednik was one of my fav young guns who I cheered for everyday, he showed great ability to get on base and some incredible speed few could match. Carlos Lee has bust written all over him, maybe its because hes a quiet guy who egts no media attention but I just don't see his numbers repeating. One of my fav outfields went to one of my most hated teams...wait for it....*heart rips*

HUH?

I think I speak for eveyrone when I say: I concur.

Of all the things Pods can or can't do, getting on base is about the worst of his skills. This trade was about money I suppose; the Sox wanted to save some so they dumped Lee. Once they sign somebody else for $5M consider that guy as part of the deal because that essentially is what they did.

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby slomo007 » Tue Dec 14, 2004 2:54 am

LBJackal wrote:
BigLebowski wrote:
Zito is God wrote:This is EXTREMELY biased:

Ok, I hate the deal, this probobly hurts me the most out of all the deals made this offseason. Pdsednik was one of my fav young guns who I cheered for everyday, he showed great ability to get on base and some incredible speed few could match. Carlos Lee has bust written all over him, maybe its because hes a quiet guy who egts no media attention but I just don't see his numbers repeating. One of my fav outfields went to one of my most hated teams...wait for it....*heart rips*

HUH?

I think I speak for eveyrone when I say: I concur.

Of all the things Pods can or can't do, getting on base is about the worst of his skills. This trade was about money I suppose; the Sox wanted to save some so they dumped Lee. Once they sign somebody else for $5M consider that guy as part of the deal because that essentially is what they did.

LBJ has it figured out...don't be too hard on Chicago yet, I think this trade can turn out to be great for them if they can pull a surprise move by signing Clement or another quality starter.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby matmat » Tue Dec 14, 2004 5:58 am

Zito is God wrote:he showed great ability to get on base

when I read this I thought... that's terrible. his OBP last year was 320 or something like that... awful. then I remembered, this is coming from the same person who completely dismissed santana as a major league starting pitcher.
Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he'll drown because you forgot to teach him to swim.
[url=http://www.indra.com/8ball/front.html]Invaluable Fantasy Baseball Resource[/url]
matmat
General Manager
General Manager

Postby SilentReader » Tue Dec 14, 2004 11:25 pm

NY Yankees Fan 2004 wrote:
jrad32 wrote:Just curious as to why Lee's value takes a big drop in some of your opinions. Mil is a good hitters park isn't it? Granted there is no F. Thomas or Kornerko in the Brews lineup, but Jenkins is decent and if some of the other guys get on...

US cellular is a great Hitters park. one of the top ones. Balls fly out of the park. Also Chicago has a much better lineup which means that he will have less protection and less RBIs do to less baserunners baserunners.

not to mention lee will be switching leagues.and not only is he switching leagues,but he's going from the AL to the NL,which is even worse.
SilentReader
College Coach
College Coach

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers