Sexson is a Mariner - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Sexson is a Mariner

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Tavish » Tue Dec 14, 2004 10:24 am

Canacuna wrote: Plus, it's refreshing to read about the M's actually making an effort to spend some money for a change.

Was that sarcasm?

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 25)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby trevisc » Tue Dec 14, 2004 10:46 am

matmat wrote:yeah... I need to remember to sit near the plate so that I can get the nice breeze from the bats (not, ichiro's of course)...

yeah..any breeze you get from Ichiro will be from his shoes. That boy can fly!
trevisc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
Location: Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2004,2005 Keeper League Champion

Postby Pogotheostrich » Wed Dec 15, 2004 12:34 pm

The physical is done and so is the deal. $48 million and the M's get Sexson for 4 years.

How much can we expect his HR to decrease hitting at Safeco?
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 291)

Postby Amazinz » Wed Dec 15, 2004 12:41 pm

Pogotheostrich wrote:The physical is done and so is the deal. $48 million and the M's get Sexson for 4 years.

How much can we expect his HR to decrease hitting at Safeco?

Not much. Seattle is a pretty neutral HR park looking at ESPN's factors and Sexson hits moon shots.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby yanksareback2 » Wed Dec 15, 2004 12:52 pm

They need more than a couple big hitters. The mariners pitching staff isn't that great aside from Piniero. The rest of their staff had era's over 4.9. Moyer is over the hill and he got shelled last year. Franklin is nothing special and neither is meche
yanksareback2
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby BGbootha » Wed Dec 15, 2004 5:41 pm

yanksareback2 wrote:They need more than a couple big hitters. The mariners pitching staff isn't that great aside from Piniero. The rest of their staff had era's over 4.9. Moyer is over the hill and he got shelled last year. Franklin is nothing special and neither is meche

I agree with you on pineiro, but I would argue that Moyer is no number 1 or even 2, but I would take him as a 3 or 4 pitcher in my rotation. The M's also have more young talent at pitcher than they know what to do with. Meche, has been hit or miss, Franklin is garbage, but Blackley should see the starting rotation, and they need to get rid of Guardado and finally start looking at soriano if he can stay healthy.
BGbootha
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
Home Cafe: Football

Postby yanksareback2 » Wed Dec 15, 2004 6:54 pm

The Mariners are going to announce the signing of richie sexson tonight
yanksareback2
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby trevisc » Wed Dec 15, 2004 8:58 pm

50 million/4 year deal!!!

man..talk about a huge payday for him!
trevisc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
Location: Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2004,2005 Keeper League Champion

Postby Amazinz » Wed Dec 15, 2004 10:57 pm

trevisc wrote:50 million/4 year deal!!!

No doubt. People want to blame the Mets signing of Benson (which is crazy) but it's the signing of Glaus and a signing like this that will really throw the market out of whack. Delgado will cash in now and maybe Beltran will end up getting that massive contract.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby BGbootha » Thu Dec 16, 2004 2:06 am

Amazinz wrote:
trevisc wrote:50 million/4 year deal!!!

No doubt. People want to blame the Mets signing of Benson (which is crazy) but it's the signing of Glaus and a signing like this that will really throw the market out of whack. Delgado will cash in now and maybe Beltran will end up getting that massive contract.

Yeah I am not too sure about this. This is the kind of thing that really drives the market up quick. Beltran, Delgado and Beltre just got a raise and didn't have to do a damn thing but point to this news article when negotiating.

But hey I am happy to have Richie up here thats for sure. ;-D ;-D
BGbootha
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
Home Cafe: Football

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers