Who should I start? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who should I start?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Who should I start?

Postby Dark Treb » Wed Aug 21, 2002 4:36 pm

Renteria or Eckstein?

The numbers Renteria keeps putting up are going to waste on my bench, but Eckstein has been a big gamer with great games (like today).

Lowell or Huff?

Is Huff for real? I know Lowell won't be producing like he used to this year the rest of the way.

2 slots for OF: Pierre, Sanchez, or Dunn?

Should I even consider sitting Dunn? Should I wait till he breaks out of his minislump? Pierre just stole 4 bases in 2 games? Is he breaking out for a while? Sanchez hasn't done much lately.
Dark Treb
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Arlo » Thu Aug 22, 2002 9:42 am

Renteria and Eckstein have both been putting up good numbers, but lately, Renteria has had the edge. Eckstein doesn't drive in enough runs, unfortunately - play Edgar, unless you really like Eckstein's matchup.

I think Huff is for real. I was expecting decent numbers from him last year, but was apparently a year too early with my expectations. He may cool off just a little, but he's solid enough that he's worth a shot over Lowell.

I'm also stuck with Pierre, Sanchez and Dunn on my primary team, and have the same problem. I probably shouldn't try to give any advice here, since I've managed to miss far too many stolen bases by using a platoon system, but for what it's worth, I'm going with Sanchez/Dunn right now, at least until I see Pierre's name in the starting lineup again.
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Baseball Leftovers